Dreaming......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel your pain, as we live in Colorado, oh say over a mile above sea level! And yes, it's cold here to. My wife and I are going to dive in the Bahamas, St. Thomas (USVI), and on Grand Turk next month. Should be very nice.

Colorado... ummn... so... where are cool places to dive in Colorado? I've been thinking about coming out there this summer to get some "altitude diving" training and for the fun of "going up to get down"...

There are NO good places to dive here in Colorado, as far as I have found. You can find places, but they are not very deep (30 to 60ft.) and if you want to just see your hand in front of your face, then you are good to go. We usually go to Santa Rosa, New Mexico to the Blue Hole (which is the closest). It isn't bad, but not much to see if you dived there once. And it is concidered an altitude dive of course.

There are NO good places to dive here in Colorado, as far as I have found. You can find places, but they are not very deep (30 to 60ft.) and if you want to just see your hand in front of your face, then you are good to go. We usually go to Santa Rosa, New Mexico to the Blue Hole (which is the closest). It isn't bad, but not much to see if you dived there once. And it is concidered an altitude dive of course.

Humm... doesn't sound much different from what I have locally (except for the altitude thing)... sounds like I'd be "right ta' home"... :)

Thanks for the info... still planning on it... now I've got a bit more to factor in...

... 6 days to my first ice dive... they say its supposed to warm up to 33 degrees on the day's were diving... SWEEET....

Well....it all depends on when the dry suit gets sent back from getting the boots replaced. My goal is to be in the water by the END of February! I looked in my log book, and noticed that I have dives logged in every month of the year except February, and April. (luck of the draw for not being on vaction during those times) So the goal is to be in the water by the end of next month! CAN HE DO IT???

So the goal is to be in the water by the end of next month! CAN HE DO IT???

do... it...
do... it...
do... it...
do... it...

:cool2:

Oh man, I feel your pain in MI.. I just moved from MI to CA and I'm doing a night dive on the 4th and Santa Barbara Island sea-lion dive on the 8th.. :) :) :) Sorry, I know what its like - I learned to dive in some michigan pond with snow still on the ground. But hey, at least you get the snow (and rain) - I miss both

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom