Waterproof brand - any comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evilclown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
During my recent trip to the red sea one of my dive buddies was wearing a "waterproof" suit. i think they are made in sweden. never seen them in the us. he swore they were amazing. also it appeared it was a wetsuit and a "undersuit or skin of some sort". i need something in 7mm. Currently i use a 7mm Henderson Instadry, with hooded vest, boots and gloves. it gets uncomfortable at about 55, specially if i'm doing more than one dive. I don't want to get a dry suit. thanks.

I purchased a waterproof taurus 7mm but unfortunately it didn't fit properly (there was a miscommunication in the measurements) but the build quality is phenomenal and if I could get a size that fit properly I wouldn't hesistate to make it my primary suit.

Two of my friends have the 7mm wetsuit and 5mm over vest, and are very happy with them.

I have the 5mm 3-finger gloves and they're the most comfortable and warm gloves I've used.

I've done 6 dives in my 3mm Waterproof, and so far so good. It is a very thoughtfully designed suit. The zipper at the neck is great- breathing room when you're topside, but you can zip it up if you get chilly. The "skin" you saw might be the wrist and ankle seals?

The denser neoprene means it stays warm at depth, but also means less forgiveness in terms of fit. I think that's why I get a little circulation through the wrists. It's worst when I'm vertical, which was mainly an issue during skills exercises.

I am looking to investigate the 3mm Waterproof Siirus. Looks very nice but I would like a flexible type neoprene.......Anyone tried this model?

Have their 5mm wetsuit with the 5mm hooded shorty and the 3mm suit. Absolutely love them - awesome fit and build quality.

My 5mm and the accompanying hooded shorty have just short of 100 dives on them and they still work for temps in the high 50s/low 60s.

The 3mm suit is just as good as the 5mm.

I would recommend you take a closer look at the 7mm Taurus semi-dry.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom