Favorite Place to Scuba Dive in the North East

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Head for the Thousand Islands. Take the ferry to Bridgeport and then your trip will be about six hours. As for around Long Island, there used to be a pretty good dive shop near Port Jeff. It might still be there but I haven't been in that area for a long time. They had good information when I stopped by.

Geez. Go to Beach and 8th st. for the colorful topside life and drab stuff underwater. Caumsett Park on LI is supposed to have some diving. That being said, the shore stuff from Long Island isn't all that good and never gets too deep. You can muck around in the shallows if that's fun. Some boats go out all winter, but with winter coming...lumpier oceans.

As suggested head to the 1K islands for some guaranteed quality diving, or do as most folks do with a real itch to dive - head to Dutch Springs Quarry in PA. Best to have a drysuit too. Of course, some folks will say a 7mm is ok. I like comfortable vs. being cold and it will drop into the low 40's soon.

X

The Panaquoge(sic) bridge is a nice dive

Off of Ocean City Maryland. Not many people dive the wrecks off our coast which is great for the lobster populations. Come down and visit anytime, we are one of the only dive boats running out of Maryland. Atlantic Edge Scuba

Come on man your giving up the secrets.......Just kidding. Very nice place. Ocean City, Maryland is my backyard. I been on all the wrecks and injoy them all. They just dumped some subway cars down here from New York. Our reef program is expanding every year. Come on down.

DiveatlanticEdge. What marina is your boat out of.

Fort Wetherill in RI is popular with divers from NY, CT, RI, and MA.

If you are willing to go a bit farther, Cape Ann in MA has great New England shore and boat diving.

When you've gotten a bit more experience, the U853 off Block Island is worth the seasickness (either yours or the other divers').

Welcome to New Jersey's foremost authority in Wreck Diving! Over three decades of great diving for novice and experienced wreck divers. We provide a full SCUBA diving program that includes training, expeditions, equipment rental & sales. We are the leader in North Atlantic Ocean Wreck Diving, and have been since 1986...
Atlantic Divers has a variety of wreck diving adventures to satisfy every level of enthusiast. These adventures include overnight trips, group travel trips, camping, and diving expeditions to fantastic offshore wreck sites. Destinations include New Jersey, Maine, Virginia Beach, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Bahamas, and more!

Good Wreck Diving!
Atlantic Diver

Atlantic Divers
2905 Fire Road
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey 08234
(609) 641-7722

Back
Top Bottom