Limestone Holiday resort in Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

song

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone stayed at Limestone? (Curacao Limestone Holiday). I've only stayed at Habitat so am not very familar with the east end of the island. We'll have some newbies with us who wanted shore diving with The Dive Bus, so the west end wouldn't be practical. Thanks.

we have been to curacao three times. haven't stayed here but we are considering it for another trip later this year. we've stayed at sunset waters and very much enjoy it and the dive operation.

Believe it or not, because of traffic, staying in Jan Theil will only save you around 10 minutes drive time to the Dive Bus than coming from Habitat. If you liked Habitat lodging, the board goes both ways on that, you can also meet the Dive Bus when they go to Porto Marie and the other west end sites and just drive to their home base for the couple of east end dives - like their house reef and Tugboat, on those scheduled days. Of course if your group plans more night life than a dive, you might want to stay closer in town. I've been meaning to go by the Scuba Lodge in Punda. I've heard some nice things from divers.
Map - Curamap, Online Roadmap for Curacao

that's helpful info about the island traffic. Was less than keen on Habitat accomadations and hotel/restaurant service; thought the dive op was terrific. I just recently heard about Scuba Lodge. That sounds like a good mix of diving-oriented hotel and access to town.

Wow thanks for the map Sunshine. I think it takes a lot to get lost there in Curacao, but the creases in my map for the love it as gotten since we got home last Feb have made sections unreadable...

Limestone is located at the Spanish Water at Jan Sofat (not Jan Thiel), but for the traffic jam that makes no difference (its ever further away from town).
The water of the Spanish Water is very shallow and not clear. It's good to practice windsurfing, but not for swimming. Diving isn't possible; you've got to go to the sea for that, so you need a car (they have packages) or a boat.

I drive by the Dive Lodge every day on my way home and its always busy. Cant help you on the looks inside but if so many people are there all the time they must be doing something right.

And yes its about a 10 minute walk downtown.

Don

Don, I'd like to go by and check out the Scuba Lodge. What is it near? .... so I'll know where to turn and where to park.
Feliz Ana Nobo to you and John as well!
There were whales spotted a couple of hundred yards from Lagun this morning but they didn't pass by Westpunt.
Oh, and thanks for lowering the cost of gas!
Hugs and fishes, Sunshine

Crap, bummer on the whales. My car is in the shop since a lady decided to park her bullbar in my drivers side on sat afternoon, so maybe next week?

the scuba lodge is on the right hand side when you leave pietermaai right across from where the public library used to be. You cant miss it. They have a big ole flag outside.

Back
Top Bottom