History Channel - Tactical to Practical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the guy leading him through the wreck in florida was the aforementioned divemaster. a " former ad navy seal" could be a seal in a reserve seal team. the seal interview segment took place in san fransisco, in a pool.

I was under the same impression that Zagnut was. Either way, former Navy Seal or DM, that guy stunk.

bjgove once bubbled...
the guy leading him through the wreck in florida was the aforementioned divemaster. a " former ad navy seal" could be a seal in a reserve seal team. the seal interview segment took place in san fransisco, in a pool.

Does anyone know when this program might be repeated? It sounds like it could be entertaining - in sort of a negative way.

Aeolus once bubbled...
Does anyone know when this program might be repeated? It sounds like it could be entertaining - in sort of a negative way.
According to my trust TIVO:

4pm today
11am tomorrow

mwilding once bubbled...

According to my trust TIVO:

4pm today
11am tomorrow

I was unable to locate it for Thursday or Friday, but it looks like it will be repeated on Saturday. Maybe the History Channel is carried differently on various cable outlets. :confused: That does not seem likely, but who knows. I am going to try to tape it on Saturday - I hope it works. :relaxing:

Seals are trained to be great killers.
Being great divers is not so important.

I know I am going to get slammed here for this but I feel I HAVE to say something...

I am currently watching this program as I type this. Aside from the Trekker stuff (tourists walking on the bottom) I cant find a single thing you people are talking about. Even in Slow motion!

There are no danglies, Hunter's bouancy is flawless at about 2.5 feet off the bottom with no silting. Even the 2 times he actually DOES touch the bottom with his knees (to play with the marine life) he touches so gently that all of 3 or 4 sand grains raise from the bottom. Not a single reef was touched, broken or damaged in any way dispite how close they got / get. Not to mention that the best people on THIS board constantly say that the best bouyancy is achieved when you are able be neutral with no air in your BCD.

Did find / catch the part about him scoffing at SEAL signaling vs. under water communications as well as him still kicking while using the scooter.

Also, Im sure alot of you took acception to the fact they were "handling" the underwater life. Like the Eel and Ray. But that is a point of view not a "do and dont".

Can no one besides "us" do anything SCUBA related correctly in our eyes? EVER? I dont think the elitest attitude in SCUBA is in any way the exclusive perview of the DIR crowd.

Spydertek

PS. The Guy taking him on the wreck was not the interviewed "former active navy seal". He was a different guy. A Florida Dive Guide/ Master. (as someone else already pointed out we never see the interviewed seal in question in the water.)

---Put 3 people in a room and they may not get along but they sure will pick which one to bash.

Back
Top Bottom