Night Time Spearing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steel-slinger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This summer, my brother and two other dive buddies of mine decided to try spearing at night. We also planed this on a full moon. We ended up with some nice size black sea bass (the ones with the knot on the head), Door mat size Flounder, 20 pound tautog, and one 65 pound Amberjack. One other Amberjack was shot but got off. Best dive of the year. Plan on doing it again.

Who else here Spears at night? If so how did you do. Also was it better then daytime spearing.

Free diving up in Neah Bay area WA during the 4th of July fire works last year shot my best Ling Cod to date. In about 3 ft of water he was facing the beach and watching the show. 25 inches and stone shot. Oh yea the colors from the show was cool to see in the water.

65 lb AJ is respectable anytime. I've speared at night around the rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico and it's harder than one would think. Shot a lot of vermillion snapper at night, good eating.

Diving on oil rigs is something i want to do. I watched and read about the Helldivers. That is very cool what they do. One day. Plus at night it must be really cool. The lights off the rig must really light up the water.

Living on the coast of N.C we do most of spearfishing at night . We try to go a couple times a week mostly flonder we rather go at night we can spot flounders easier.The dive sites range from rock jetties to artilficial reefs .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom