$50,000 federal grant funds PSD training and equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been tasked to look into grants for my public safety dive team!

Going over the SAFER grant tutorial, it looks like public safety dive and rescue teams are "ineligible".

Bill

Any word on grants to start a PSD team? My county has Swift Water Rescue teams and adding divers would be a great resource. We have three rivers which run through our county and I think it'd be a great idea to have the resources if ever needed.

Check with your local Department of Emergency Management, your Congressman and Representatives. D.E.M. has all the Homeland Security money in your jurisdiction and the others can work with you on appropriations.

We just got word last week (on a request that was put in for last summer) that a $40,000.00 appropriation was approved, finalized and headed our way for a side scan sonar.

From what I understand, the appropriation request is shorter and quicker to get then D.E.M. grants.

HTH

We piggy backed with our EOD squad to obtain 30k from homeland security for an ROV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom