Honeymoon Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muzicgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everyone!
I am new to the board, not new to diving though. We are splittign our honeymoon between Curacao and Bonaire in September/October of 2009 and are looking forward to some coral spawning! In Curacao we are staying at Habitat Curacao because a friend of ours, and favorite dive master Clarck works there.

We are looking for some advice on where to stay in Bonaire though, as it's our first trip to the B island. Also - has anyone been to Curacao and stayed at Habitat lately? I heard it could use some sprucing up? Thanks!

Think I'll pass on this one:eyebrow:. Goood luck:no:

Hi Everyone!

We are looking for some advice on where to stay in Bonaire though, as it's our first trip to the B island. Also - has anyone been to Curacao and stayed at Habitat lately? I heard it could use some sprucing up? Thanks!

While in Curacao you will be staying at a larger resort. Would you consider something smaller and more intimate in Bonaire? If so, I highly recommend the Deep Blue View Inn. It is a lovely bed and breakfast with only five rooms set high on a hill. The owners are wonderful and do all they can to make your stay fabulous. They have a top notch dive op with easy to access tanks and personal gear lockers. Their boat takes no more than 6 -8 per dive should you choose boat dives. Check them out at Deep Blue View, intimate resort. Dive Bonaire in the Dutch Caribbean.

Habitat in Curacao wasn't that big I thought- compared to Marriott and Hilton.

As for Bonaire, we are looking to do a lot of diving, but have a nice relaxing time as well - kick back with drinks from the bar at night, overlook the sunset, night life is not a must....it's not so much honeymoon advice we are looking for, but just the best places to stay in bonaire while we are there. It doesn't have to be a budget hotel, but we don't need anything too extravagant.

While in Curacao you will be staying at a larger resort. Would you consider something smaller and more intimate in Bonaire? If so, I highly recommend the Deep Blue View Inn. It is a lovely bed and breakfast with only five rooms set high on a hill. The owners are wonderful and do all they can to make your stay fabulous. They have a top notch dive op with easy to access tanks and personal gear lockers. Their boat takes no more than 6 -8 per dive should you choose boat dives. Check them out at Deep Blue View, intimate resort. Dive Bonaire in the Dutch Caribbean.

ReefDiva, where is this place located on the island?

ReefDiva, where is this place located on the island?

Deep Blue View is located in the area known as Santa Barbara which is a residential area. It is on a hillside with a beautiful view of Klein Bonaire. It takes about 7 minutes to get to the water! Feel free to pm me with any other questions about DBV.

Back
Top Bottom