Water temps now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..bioprene..
LOL :eyebrow:

Air temp in Whittier today was about 0 degrees with 20 mile winds, water temp was 36ºF at 89 feet..
omg! :shocked2:

i've been wearing a 5mm the past few weeks..
but now thinkin' of using a 3mm for the first dive..
then switching to the 5mm for the second.. so it'd be dry when i put it on..
(a la catherine.. tho' i did tease her when she did it..
but now me thinks it's genius =)

You are going to beat me there! We get there in 10 days for our annual thaw out. It is -40F as I look out our window. (Warmed from -45 for a brief snow shower. Forecasted to go back down to -50 or so)

I usually dive a 4/3mm and have no trouble in the +75 or so water temps. But, in FL in early December I was getting cold on dive #4 each day in about the same water temps. So, I'm thinking about something warmer.

Last edited:
I've been seeing 75 on most of my recent dives. Using a 3mm full suit which is warm enough for me, but I'm considering pulling out my hood for this weekend.

You are going to beat me there! We get there in 10 days for our annual thaw out. It is -40F as I look out our window. (Warmed from -45 for a brief snow shower. Forecasted to go back down to -50 or so)

I usually dive a 4/3mm and have no trouble in the +75 or so water temps. But, in FL in early December I was getting cold on dive #4 each day in about the same water temps. So, I'm thinking about something warmer.

Are you diving with IDH as well?

Hey ONFLOAT!!!!!

Mickey, Have fun in Hawaii. Goto our club website Deep-Descent goto the Hawaii part of the forums, group dives, etc. Onfloat use to be there untill he disappeared recently! What gives man? Ha miss you bro we need to talk gear soon, I need some plates and regs for students.

Anyway there are some great guys and girls out there look em up come by and say hi! Have fun!

PS Ya I miss my drysuit, I left it in Alaska, water her ein Puerto Rico was a bone chilling 76 today. :)

Haven't been active on any boards for awhile. Heck I haven't even been diving for 6 weeks, until last Wed.

Ok, 75F converts to 23.8C I will be there Jan.12th for 7 days. I have a 3mm there already, I guess I'll pack a vest and hood. Even the second dive with a 3mm I feel cold, unless it's very sunny.

I missed my drysuit yesterday. :( 75 degrees at 100 ft.

I made it to the beginning of December before getting my drysuit out of the closet :sigh:

75F at 120 FSW today at the Green Can outside Honokohau Harbor on the Big Island.

(140 min run time and boy, was I a happy clam diving dry :D)

Back
Top Bottom