Water temps now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamickey

I'm a GIRL!
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We'll be on Oahu in 8 days. What kind of water temps are you all seeing at depth?

I'm looking forward to getting away from all this 20 below zero nonsense :D

Last edited:
With the amount of diving you and your hubby are doing Id recommend a 5mm and maybe a hood if you guys tend towards the cold side on dives. When its overcast and windy on the surface it can feel chilly.

I'm always cold even in 82 degree water so I will definitely take my 5mm and pack the 3mm vest and gloves :)
Hubby never gets cold. He doesn't even wear a coat here in Alaska in winter. He's not human.

ALOHA!

Been seeing 73, 74 and 75 this week. I agree that a 5mm might be a good choice, but it all depends on how much bioprene you are packing. I know after the holidays I have a bit more around the wasit!

You diving every day while you are here on Oahu?

G

Yeah, pretty much. It's the only reason we're going. 4 dives a day for 7 days. That and some nice dinners to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I missed my drysuit yesterday. :( 75 degrees at 100 ft.

Air temp in Whittier today was about 0 degrees with 20 mile winds, water temp was 36F at 89 feet.

8 days and counting to Hawaii.....

Hey ONFLOAT!!!!!

Mickey, Have fun in Hawaii. Goto our club website Deep-Descent goto the Hawaii part of the forums, group dives, etc. Onfloat use to be there untill he disappeared recently! What gives man? Ha miss you bro we need to talk gear soon, I need some plates and regs for students.

Anyway there are some great guys and girls out there look em up come by and say hi! Have fun!

PS Ya I miss my drysuit, I left it in Alaska, water her ein Puerto Rico was a bone chilling 76 today. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom