New diver, new member, from Waikiki & ABQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queenofgeek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there! I'm so excited to have discovered this web site. I'm a new diver (went from Discover Scuba to AOW cert over the past couple of months) and do believe I'm fully addicted now. I live in Honolulu about 1/3 of the time, and the NM desert when I'm not under water.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and learning more about this fascinating hobby.

-Shannon

Welcome to SB Shannon.. Where did you do your training? I did my cert dives at Island Diver's Hawaii about 2 years ago...

Hey K-9 ... I did both my open water and my AOW at Island Divers too! I'll likely be doing my Search & Recovery there too, eventually.

Do you still dive with them? I heart everyone I've met there so far ...

Hey K-9 ... I did both my open water and my AOW at Island Divers too! I'll likely be doing my Search & Recovery there too, eventually.

Do you still dive with them? I heart everyone I've met there so far ...

I wish I was still able to dive with them, but I live in bitter cold Omaha, Nebraska... I always recommend them to anyone who asks... Matt Z is the greatest, he has a great staff. No doubt you have received some great dive training. I wish I could get back there, but the wife didn't like the 8.5 hour flight from Denver, CO. The return trip was broken up with the longest flight was 4.75 hours, which was a little better. She is not comfortable with flying, even though I am a pilot. I still have my 14 yo daughter, who is just like me.. She loves to do all of the same things I like, so she is my dive buddy and co-pilot...She is getting the last of her dive gear for Christmas, under the table/behind the back... Wife would kill me if she knew how much dive gear costs...

Good Luck with your training. If you get into the tech aspect of diving, Jo with IDH is highly recommended by those in the Hawaii area.
Ted F.

Welcome to the board. You'll find lots of fellow geeks on the board...myself included.

Hi there! I'm so excited to have discovered this web site. I'm a new diver (went from Discover Scuba to AOW cert over the past couple of months) and do believe I'm fully addicted now. I live in Honolulu about 1/3 of the time, and the NM desert when I'm not under water.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and learning more about this fascinating hobby.

-Shannon

Hello, nice to see someone else from ABQ. You might want to head over to the Rocky Mountain Osyter forum and introduce yourself there as well:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/rocky-mountain-oysters/

It is also a good place to find buddies for local diving. Welcome!

Welcome, welcome. I smiled when I read your posting. I started diving over 20 years ago after a resort dive to Molokini crater off of Maui. Have not been the same since. I still get the same thrill every time I get in the water.

The folks here are very friendly. Join in the conversation.

Welcome

Shannon,
Goto Deep-Descent it is a small free dive club that has a new group of members in Oahu. A few of us military types started it to keep in touch. In the forums theres a section called DD Hawaii. John Willard is doing group dives in your area all the time look him up for a dive buddy or two! Its just a way for local divers to coordinate trips and share stuff!~Safe diving!

Chuck
Deep-Descent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom