• I use a marker pen for gear

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • sound interesting...

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • who cares!

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maged_mmh

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking of getting these and this; wondering their popularity, or they makes you look like a :dork2:.

Also, would like to know how you attach them (photos?); particularly for the ID tag (not the gear circle thingie), how do you wear it? (on BC, hidden in pocket, on a sort of necklace,...)
thanks!

I have the ID tag and it is attached on my BCD. The clip it uses is a hook shape that then is connected at the bottom with a screw collar.

After seeing someone collapse unconcious after a dive, I went out and bought the ID tag for my BC. Having all that info right there for someone to call could save your life. If you dive the same dive buddy who knows all that every time, it may not make a difference. But as a single person who dives with different groups, it seems worth it to me.

I wear it clipped to my BC. If you hide it in a pocket where no one will find it...what is the point of having one?

I have the ID tag on my BC, so it would easily be visible to any rescuer should I be unconscious.

For my gear tags, I don't use the zipties (as they break way too easily). Rather, I use stainless steel split rings.

I just write my DAN number at the top of the charter boat's release form. :D

Use the BC tag as well as the dog tag attached to me with my name and DAN number

:dork2: We have them attached to our BC ... some people may consider it dorky, but as other posters have said it could save your life

Anyway I am proud to be adork :dork2:

Back
Top Bottom