NORTHER SWAMPSTER SOCIAL EVENT CALL!! (Sunday, Oct 5)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, UNT is hosting The Reduced Shakespeare Company as they put on their production of All The Great Books (Abridged) where they hillariously attempt to condense the all the best books of western literature down to a 2-hour production. (if you have a cable/DSL connection, the preview is worth the download)

I saw their production of The Compleate Works of Wm. Shkspr. (Abridged) when in New York City several years ago and split my sides and cried I was laughing so hard. Imagine a 90-second version of Hamlet and the play within the play being a puppet show.

The production is at University of North Texas here in Denton, at 6:00pm on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are $15.00. Afterwards, we'll find a local eatery to hang out in.

If you can make it, let me know and I'll provide you the address for you to PayPal me the $15.00. Once I get that, I'll purchase your ticket.

Hopefully several of you can join me/us. If you have any questions, reply here or send me a PM.

--Mike

That sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm going to be busy all weekend long, and by the time 6pm rolls around Sunday, I'm going to be pretty much wiped out.

However, having said that -- I think it is just about time for another TSDT Mixer (that word makes me feel like I'm in college again). Anyone have any thoughts about possible sites or interest?

Bringing this to the top

Im in for it would be a good way to get out of the house

I'll head there tomorrow (Tuesday) and purchase your ticket. Will James (Thing) be attending?

Anyone else??

mike will let you know in the morning, but right now i need a ticket and so does my instructor (for a count from me of 2)

Dan

Mike

change my ticket order to 4 tickets, james is coming along with his GF and my dive instructor is coming along.

also check your PM for some info

Dan

For those needing directions to the production, we'll be meeting at the UNT Lyceum theatre, located in the Student Union.

From Dallas, take I-35E north to Denton.
Exit on McCormick Street, turn right at stop light.
Turn Right at next stop light onto Eagle Drive.
Turn Left at next light onto Welch.
Turn Left at sign pointing to Student Union and the parking garage.
Park in Parking Garage.
Enter the Union and go up to the top floor. Look for the signs that say Lyceum. (Lie-see-um)

If you need my phone number for additional information, send me a PM.

--TexasMike

well guys i have 1 ticket that is open for any who wants to go tomorrow. If you want to go please contact me via PM here or via email (note you will need to bring all of this together because of spam harvestors) email is dan_r_white @ yahoo.com
i will be online most ot today so let me know if you can go.

the reason that this ticket is open is that my dive buddy had to go out of state to take care of a family member who was gravely injured.

Scubatooth once bubbled...
the reason that this ticket is open is that my dive buddy had to go out of state to take care of a family member who was gravely injured.

Have you heard from your dive buddy on the condition of the family member? I hope everything is all right...

Back
Top Bottom