Help! I flooded my DC800 I just bought. What do I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miketrance84

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What do I do, send it to Sealife? Buy a whole new one? Looking for the cheapest best option the camera was pretty expensive to begin with and I just want it replaced the best way possible.

Ahh....wow that stinks. Human error??? I would email Sealife Denise and see is there is a possibility of maybe a refurb one. If it was a issue with the housing maybe she can help...

The O-ring in the housing wasn't seated properly. There wasn't any dirt or anything on the seal. It must have just come out of the track when I closed the case. The O-ring doesnt seem to sit in the groove of the housing very tightly.

You can send it in to our service department and let them test the housing. If it's a manufacturing defect and under warranty, we'd replace it for you. If it is user error, the service department will let you know your options.

That reply is encouraging. I just bought the DC800 Pro and have not had it wet yet. I was concerned when I read this thread.

Test your housing without the camera in a sink or bucket before diving!!!!

Back
Top Bottom