Jupiter Diving in 2009 - Ongoing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FritzCat66

Florida Reef Cat
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I started this thread to give us individual ScubaBoarders a common area to discuss dive trip plans in Jupiter, since it's such a popular destination (I know it's certainly my most common dive location!). I figure we can probably just keep posting on this for many such trips, until the thread becomes too unwieldy.

Right now, sounds like some of us are considering Monday, Jan. 19th. I might could take a Monday off for some good dives. Is anyone also up for diving there that weekend (the 17th)?

Anybody else planning on Jupiter in January? Maybe a lemon shark dive?

>*< Fritz

Fritz
I might be there last weekeknd In Jan actually it would be Feb 1st so i will let you know

I'll be diving that whole 3 day weekend, but you know I'll only go out with Jupiter Dive Center. It that's the game plan, count me in....:wink: I also know that that's who Scuba-Dad mentioned he was going to be diving with at that time.

I'll be diving that whole 3 day weekend, but you know I'll only go out with Jupiter Dive Center. It that's the game plan, count me in....:wink: I also know that that's who Scuba-Dad mentioned he was going to be diving with at that time.

Yup! I'm doing a 3-tanker with the Patrick AFB group on the 19th of January. The last two 3-tankers I was supposed to do with Patrick AFB, I got blown out. Hopefully, this one doesn't get blown out.

Don't be surprised if this thread is moved to the main Conch area, and a MOD asks you to post specific dive trips, individually in the "Trips" forum. That's the purpose of the division of forums/sub-forums

As I mentioned in the other thread - I have now made my reservations and will be coming down later Sunday. I am up for diving Monday with JDC. I also saw the Blue Heron Bridge and am willing to do whatever. I have a total of 4 days to dive before my meeting. I would like to do a mix of drift, reef, etc. I am bringing a camera and would love to get some pics of fish, turtles. I am also scoping out the terrain so that I can plan future trips and keep my Wife and daughter (not divers, but like beach, kayaking, etc) happy.

Bob

What have the conditions been in the Jupiter area as of late - and who do you recommend going with regards to shops/boats? I am planning on being down the last week of Dec, and wanted to do 1 day in Jupiter and the next probably WPB or more south.

Carlin

The condtions can change without warning, but it hasn't been too bad here lately. Mornings are a better bet, as if conditions are to worsen it usually happens in the afternoon. Water temps have been in the mid 70's. Jupiter Dive Center Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida. is the operator of choice for most of us diving the Jupiter area. In WPB I would recommend Little Deeper, Pura Vida, Jim Abernethy, and I'm sure there are some other good ones in the area. If you want to go down as far as Boynton, Scubakevdm has a good outfit. Check out his Boynton Dive Chronicles thread here on SB.

Reservation made with JDC for 1/19/09. I did not make other reservations for other days, yet, wanted to scope out what things are like, suggestions, etc. I look forward to diving with some of you in January!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom