RI man catches 4 clawed lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris is taking the final plunge huh?

Come on in...the water's fine!:D

LobstaMan

Chris is taking the final plunge huh?

Yep, I asked her the Friday after Thanksgiving. :D

We aren't doing the wedding until 2010 though so it is still a long way off.

Thanks for posting the free link! That's so cool! I'm wondering what biological processes are going on that would account for the three fully functional claws where there should only be one? I'm going to do some research, I'll keep you posted if I find anything neat.

I don't know if anyone is still interested, but I did some looking into this.
It looks like limbs can regenerate in multiples occasionally after an injury. I found an article for multiple-legged frogs, though the author is trying to sell the point that they're actually a higher evolved species of frog. Maybe it's trying to become a freakish new species of lobster with three times the pinching power! In that case, maybe you won't have to hold your breath for multiple tails.
...or it could be the Springfield Power plant and a genetic boo-boo :)

It looks like limbs can regenerate in multiples occasionally after an injury. I found an article for multiple-legged frogs, though the author is trying to sell the point that they're actually a higher evolved species of frog. Maybe it's trying to become a freakish new species of lobster with three times the pinching power! In that case, maybe you won't have to hold your breath for multiple tails.

475491-SimpsonsFish.jpg

C'mon now, don't call it a boo-boo! Finding multi-tailed lobsters near the nuke plant would be called serendipity and another good reason to Go Nuclear! :)

Dave C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom