Cannister light mounting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a member of the "siltinators" speaks.........:D:D

Dan never called us that. :shocked2:

Just to further derail this thread: I finally got my suit back (2 leaks fixed & a new neck seal) got my regs back, and immediately got a nasty cold that's going around work ... man.

But I still want to get over to your side of the water in the next couple of months so you can make fun of how much I've forgotten :D

Dan never called us that. :shocked2:

Just to further derail this thread: I finally got my suit back (2 leaks fixed & a new neck seal) got my regs back, and immediately got a nasty cold that's going around work ... man.

But I still want to get over to your side of the water in the next couple of months so you can make fun of how much I've forgotten :D

To continue the hijack, I am in Bonaire for a week starting saturday with Dan but after that, good to go.

I would say this was certainly the case on some of the earlier HID lights. You never really wanted to turn them off during the dive for fear they would not re-strike. Some of the newer lights with digital ballast strike more easily and can be shut on and off repeatedly in a short period of time (not saying one should make it a habit). It sounds like another in/out/over/under controversy bound to bring the whole system crashing down :wink:

The position of the switch is actually of greater importance than the position of the cord. You want to make sure that it turns "on" by flipping "down" (i.e. towards your front side or "ventrally"). As several people have pointed out, the reason for this is so that the backup light doesn't accidentally bump the primary light "off" during the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom