Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove South Brohard today...
Temp 72
Viz: 2 ft around the blocks, 5 ft past them
Seas 1-2 ft
Tide coming in
Wind was SW around 15, picking up after 1100

There actually is a sticky on the Tampa Group. It's titled Gulf Water Temps. Maybe a Mod can change it to Gulf Water Conditions.
Yes, Walter; I know Venice is not in Tampa. Still, most people that dive Venice post in the Tampa Group.

That thread is in the Tampa Bay area forum. This thread is about Venice. They are two different areas, Darlin'.
:no:

Exactly as predicted. :rofl3:

enjoyed seeing the teeth everyone! i am coming in from texas and will be staying in the coral springs area. my girlfriend and i are wanting to some diving for teeth. we prefer to do some shore diving (as we are young and have small pocket books) but if boat dives are way better in the area so be it. i've been a rock hound since about 10 years old when i started collecting arrowheads. i've also come across peices of ancient crocodile fossils in the texas red beds. however, the shark teeth simply fascinate me and i would love to have to opportunity to find one!

11/21
Service Club 9:30
seas 1'-2' and building w/ NW winds wre increasing
vis 6'
water temp 64

nothing worth posting a pic, lots of small stuff, 2 nice makos and some meg pieces

Last edited:
Sunday 11/23

water temp 63
seas <1'
vis 6'-8'

no finds worth reporting

The coldest that I have see at Venice 58
Who said that you wouldn't need a drysuit in FL.

:no:

Exactly as predicted. :rofl3:

I'm with Walter on this. I'm more than a little resentful that when we asked to have a sticky in the Florida trips forum, it was denied because diving Venice is not a "scubaboard sponsored event", yet it appears in the Greater Tampa forum (which apparently now covers most of Florida) as a sticky.

I'm ready now for all the "Greater Tampa" divers to tell me to quit whining. I just know it's gonna happen.

I'm with Walter on this. I'm more than a little resentful that when we asked to have a sticky in the Florida trips forum, it was denied because diving Venice is not a "scubaboard sponsored event", yet it appears in the Greater Tampa forum (which apparently now covers most of Florida) as a sticky.

I'm ready now for all the "Greater Tampa" divers to tell me to quit whining. I just know it's gonna happen.

I'm not going to say you are whining, I'm just curoius. What is the problem with including Venice in a GREATER Tampa Bay area thread? Is that somehow offensive? Are Venice residents bothered by this? I know a lot of people in the Tampa area that make the relatively short drive to Venice to dive on a regular basis. I've made the trip myself and am thinking about doing it again in the next couple of weeks. It certainly wouldn't bother me at all if info about Clearwater diving was included in a thread titled "Greater Venice area"...

I Dive:
What is the problem with including Venice in a GREATER Tampa Bay area thread?

Venice is not in the Tampa Bay area.

I Dive:
Is that somehow offensive?

Yes.

I Dive:
I know a lot of people in the Tampa area that make the relatively short drive to Venice to dive on a regular basis.

I know lots of people from other areas who make the relatively short drive to Venice on a regular basis, I'm one of them, but none of that is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom