Full Disclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why you liberal pinko commie bass turd, I oughtta...

zzzKing, I can take a lot. But calling me a pinko ?? That just crosses the line.
I challenge you to a duel at 10 paces!

If it's "pee-can", then you aren't just a Yankee, but a "dang" Yankee!

(definition..."Yankee": Anyone from the other side of the Red River.")

My buddies and I came up with some rules for determining whether or not you could be considered a true Texan. Two of the 3 must be met for this to work otherwise while I still might like you, you're not a true Texan.

1. Born here
2. Rasied here
3. Lived here half your life.

I would have to add a number 4. Renounced all other citizenship
I know it seems crazy but every once in a while someone loses it and decides to say consider themself a newyorker.

In order to be a true native Texan you have to meet all 4. Number 4 is required to be any kind of Texan but you only need 2 of the first 3.

And just for the record I say it's yall. Its a word it don't need no apostrophe but if you feel the need you can put it wherever you damn well feel like.

~Jess

Ok, since everyone seems to be in the "tell all" mood, I'll confess too. I'm a born and raised cajun. To really add fuel to the fire, I'm a purple and gold bleeding, died in the wool LSU fan
(1985 Alum). It took me 38 yrs to end up here (thanks to Uncle Sam) but once I got here, I figured "what the h_ _ _!". We've been here since 94.

I know yall are all feeling all touchy feely and shary and stuff but just for the record while I get that not everyone was lucky enough to be born in Texas there are some admissions here that might be worthy of a deportation ;-)

~Jess

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Oh this is good ! Y'all !

If it's "pee-can", then you aren't just a Yankee, but a "dang" Yankee!

(definition..."Yankee": Anyone from the other side of the Red River.")

I was born in Amarillo, went to school in Lubbock (Gun's up Red Raiders!), lived in Fort Worth for awhile, and now call Weatherford home.

This should establish my expertise on the following subject: does everybody understand the difference between a "yankee" and a "dang yankee"?

The Yankee goes home! :D

puh cahn ... don't ya know

LSU '86 grad here, got here as fast as I could though.

I was born in Amarillo, went to school in Lubbock (Gun's up Red Raiders!), lived in Fort Worth for awhile, and now call Weatherford home.

This should establish my expertise on the following subject: does everybody understand the difference between a "yankee" and a "dang yankee"?

The Yankee goes home! :D

I'm not really sure what a "dang" yankee is but I was 18 before I found out that "damn" and "yankee" were two different words.

Back
Top Bottom