So ..Where have you dived?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Diego
Catalina Island
Maui
Cozumel
Palau
Grand Cayman
Roatan
Grenada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
St Maarten
Jamaica
Bahamas
Puerto Vallarta
Cabo San Lucas
Costa Rica
Texas flower gardens
Florida Keys
West Palm Beach
Guadalupe Island
Tobago
Cancun
Little Cayman/ Cayman Brac
Bali/ Padang Bai
Wakatobi

with Palau and Wakatobi being #1 and #2 respectively so far!!!

San Diego
Catalina Island
Maui
Cozumel
Palau
Grand Cayman
Roatan
Grenada
Dominica
Dominican Republic
St Maarten
Jamaica
Bahamas
Puerto Vallarta
Cabo San Lucas
Costa Rica
Texas flower gardens
Florida Keys
West Palm Beach
Guadalupe Island
Tobago
Cancun
Little Cayman/ Cayman Brac
Bali/ Padang Bai
Wakatobi

with Palau and Wakatobi being #1 and #2 respectively so far!!!

It sounds like you need to come to Okinawa, Japan next:cool2:

First of all, we were lucky enough to meet this guy while he was around.

Hmmm, where would I LIKE TO DIVE?
The aircraft carrier off Pensacola
Palau
Anywhere with whale sharks

Where I HAVE dived:
Cape of Good Hope
Florida Keys
Gulf of Mexico
Key Biscayne
Abacos
Jamaica
Puerto Rico
USVI
BVI
Anguilla
St. Maarten
St. Bart
G B Reef
Coral Sea
Papau New Guinea
Greece
Lake Huron
Bottoms of boats in Maine, Rhode Island and Mass.

Attachments

• P1010138.jpg
    P1010138.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 50
First of all, we were lucky enough to meet this guy while he was around.

Hmmm, where would I LIKE TO DIVE?
The aircraft carrier off Pensacola
Palau
Anywhere with whale sharks

We have Whale Sharks in Okinawa, Japan that you can dive with for $115.

Here is a photo with me diving with a Whale Shark not far from my home in Okinawa, Japan

Attachments

• Scott and whale shark 8 x 11 2 DSC_5412.jpg
    Scott and whale shark 8 x 11 2 DSC_5412.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 51
I actually have a very dear friend in Okinawa now, so I may finally make it over there next year.

The most expensive part is getting here!

If your friend does not know where the cool dive sites are I would more than happy to help. I am a divemaster that works for Kadena Marina, and I have dove most (around 100 sites from shore) of the sites. It all depends on your budget. If you want to take boat trips out to the Keramas it will cost $75 - $150 depending on the dive shop. Local boat dives $45. Diving from shore is much cheeper, near (only gas) to free with; free air fills on island (Nitrox $5 to $6). Rentals are cheep as it usually cost $4 per item e.g. regulator, wet suit, BCD. Lodging ranges from backpackers like bed and breakfest ~$20 to 5 star hotels $300 and up.

Okinawa is very safe. I have lived here off and on since 1997 and I have yet to lock my house or my car and I have never had anything stolen. The tap water is clean to drink. Okinawan kindergarden children still walk to school.

Since Okinawa was a US territory from 1946 to 1977 when it became a prefecture of Japan, many Okinawan's speak broken English. English is being taught in the schools of Okinawa.

The spa's and the food (sushi) are oustanding. The shopping is getting better, but it is definately unique. The culture, the weather, and ocean are truely amazing and undiscribable and must be seen to truely enjoy.

Hey guys!

Why don't you add those amazing places to an interactive dive spots map at HotDive.com
It would be great to see where those spots are located around the world.

Sylw

Last edited:
Florida
Jupiter
West Palm
Pompano/Ft Lauderdale
Miami
Keys
Ginnie Springs
Puerto Rico
Cozumel
Bahamas
Cay Sal
Grand Cayman
Roatan

Hey guys!

Why don't you add those amazing places to an interactive dive spots map at HotDive.com
It would be great to see where those spots are located around the world.

Sylw

This is an awesome website! You can plot your favorite dive shops, dive areas, and dive spots on google earth. I have been waiting for someone to do this, but imagine that a local Polish Diver created the interactive web site before any major company e.g. Scuba Board, PADI, NAUI ect. This web site already has global coverage and it is free. I invite everyone to go to this web site and add where you have dived to the site. Sylw It would be nice in the future if we could add photos, word documents and ratings to each of these site as it would make it easier for all divers to plan their dive vacations.

Sylw It would be nice in the future if we could add photos, word documents and ratings to each of these site as it would make it easier for all divers to plan their dive vacations.

Hello!

Thank you for kind words!
I'll add new features soon, the photos can be added now. If you have any other suggestions please let me know, I'll do my best to implement new features :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom