SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Page 20 is referring to non SeaLife cameras.

In 2007 when we first printed the manuals, there was a misprint, so we included a card with the manuals stating there was a typo and what it should read. Maybe you have one of the first editions of the manuals before the correction was made.

Use the online manual if you have the older version. This was updated as of May 2008: http://www.sealife-cameras.com/assets/pdf/manuals/digitalflashpro/EN_DigitalFlashProManual_08.pdf

Thnx for your help, can I be a pest and ask you one more question?

I see you suggest macro flash mode in lieu of infinity. I read that infinity works better because of shutter lag times. Is this correct or did I misread it?
Thank You again

Thnx for your help

Macro flash is an exposure setting (not a focus setting, like Infinity), which is only available when the camera is in Ext Flash mode. You would push the flash buttons to switch between Macro Flash, Far Flash, and Normal Flash.

Macro flash is an exposure setting (not a focus setting, like Infinity), which is only available when the camera is in Ext Flash mode. You would push the flash buttons to switch between Macro Flash, Far Flash, and Normal Flash.

I understand now, Thnx again

Can anyone tell me if a weight is neccessary when using this camera underwater?

If you are diving with just the camera, I have found no additional weight is needed. If you are using the external flash, you will find that adding weight will make it almost neutral - otherwise, it floats.

If you are diving with just the camera, I have found no additional weight is needed. If you are using the external flash, you will find that adding weight will make it almost neutral - otherwise, it floats.

Thnx I will be using the flash

SeaLife makes a weight and a slightly longer bolt for attaching the camera to the flash base that work perfectly together - just the right amount of weight and keeps everything in balance. If you get the weight, remember to get the longer bolt.

Here are my first set of pix with this camera

pf.jpg

ff2.jpg

blan.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom