Going to Cabo Nov 25-Dec 1 time frame?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PriusDrIVER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We have a group of 4 of us going to Cabo for the T-day week. Unfortunately, we only have 1 non-diver this year...so the non-diver (my girlfriend) would be left alone and bored during any diving we do. So its likely we will only get 2 dives in, since I feel guilty leaving her home by herself.

With that being said, any other peeps going with a mix of divers/non-divers? It seems my dive buddy is not going to go after all, so I am without a buddy as well. Things just aren't as smooth as our last trip when we had 3-divers and 3 non-divers, I can deal with not having a dedicated 'buddy' if my girlfriend isn't left by herself.

Thought I'd try my luck here. Anyone? :)

I just got back Bro. How many days are you going for? I was able, unexpectedly, to do the Cabo Pulmo dive. You don't need a buddy, cause your with the guide (same with the cabo shop dives). Pulmo can be a nice day trip (which it is...all day... 6am-5pm) for you and your girl. In that whole day, there's only about an 2.5 hours you'd be apart. There is a pristine beach there...awesome place for her to enjoy during that time. :D Just a thought :)

The alternative is you do 2 morning dives in Cabo, 9am-noon. Back at the hotel by 1pm. Just send her to the spa (or shopping...:no: ) :D Works for me and my wife.

Give me a shout if you have any questions :)

Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. That's essentially what we did in Hawaii, I went diving she enjoyed the pool and sun and I came back to find her sunburned :wink: I think a spa day may work, or making a day trip out of it and all of us run to Cabo Pulmo.

When you did Cabo Pulmo, did you drive yourself or take one of the buses up? We have 4 or 5 of us total that would be going. I guess I'll try and check into spa options too.

Hello Divers.
When I go solo to Cabo I buddy up with the Dive Master at Baja Dive.I was just there and the water was great 100 foot vis and water was 80 degrees.We saw Mantas,Sea horses, Sea Lions and a bait ball that was 50 feet across.I think it was my best Dive in 10 years.
I like Baja Dive because of there 40 foot boat that has all safty gear Co2,first aid kit and a big ladder and the crew is always the same so I get the same great service every time. I dont like Diving on a small boat where everyone is stepping on my gear and I dont have room to walk and streach.
Well have a great time in Cabo.
Check this link to Baja dive. www.baja-dive.net

Greg,

Thanks for the feedback. That's essentially what we did in Hawaii, I went diving she enjoyed the pool and sun and I came back to find her sunburned :wink: I think a spa day may work, or making a day trip out of it and all of us run to Cabo Pulmo.

When you did Cabo Pulmo, did you drive yourself or take one of the buses up? We have 4 or 5 of us total that would be going. I guess I'll try and check into spa options too.

I think each shop may be a bit different. We rode up in a big van, like the taxis. We had 10 in the van:shocked2: It was a lil tight, but well worth the trip for me. Maybe ask the operator you choose ahead of time, to see what the drive set up is. I absolutely loved the dive shop in Pulmo.... best operation I've ever seen as far as friendliness and fun...yet safe. The folks there were just incredible, and the upstairs Restaurant/Bar came in handy after the dive :wink: Like I mentioned...the beach there is just stellar.\

The only kinda "Con" about Pulmo was the drive. 2 hours each way, and the stretch right at the dive shop is about 8 miles of washboard road.

Greg

I will be there November 25-December 2 staying at Hotel Finisterra and diving 3 days with Manta Divers(a friends recommendation). May dive more not sure yet.

We may run into you, we are debating between Baja and Manta...not sure how much diving we will get in, 1 or 2 days at best I am guessing. We are staying in a house just up the hill from the marina (walking past romeo y julietta). I still haven't decided if I'm paying the price to bring my digital SLR or not.

I stayed in the same area last time there.Baja Dive came and got us early and washed and stored our gear for the next days diving this saved on taxi fees.This made everything easy bucause they are so close.I also like diving on a bigger boat and you can buddy up with the Divemaster.
Well have a great time wish I was going.

I was there in May and dove with Manta Diving as well. Nice shop, however the boats are small, panga's I think. I had Nacho as my guide, did 2 dives for the day, it was a nice change of pace for cold water diving up here in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom