SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Local dealer has recently ordered a DC800 pro package for his wife who loved her DC600. They got the camera just before their trip to Austrailia last month. She loves it and they claim it's everything the DC600 was and more! Sealife just made a good thing better!!

Im on the fence about getting this or the reefmaster mini. Do dealers have the 800 in stock? I am heading out in 30 days for a diving trip and I would like to have a good camera with me.

I do....and Im positive you will like the 800 better....an actual zoom vs. digital zoom, bigger display, faster pic processing, higher resolution, nicer underwater housing...Its a better camera! Whether you get from me or someone else....get the dc800 :wink:

I just bought the sealife dc800 pro pkg today and cannot wait to use it

Just back from the bahamas, I will put a link up shortly to some pics taken.....Im not happy with some of my shots, Im still a new photographer and only had one strobe when Im used to 2...so be gentle :wink:

Link as soon as they upload :wink:

Done :D

http://www.diverightinscuba.com/gallery/album12?page=1

Last edited:
I just got my Pro kit and so far the pictures are great.The flash unit worked very well when adjusting the light angle. I find it very user friendly. With the price point it is very affordable for this level system.

I just got my Pro kit and so far the pictures are great.The flash unit worked very well when adjusting the light angle. I find it very user friendly. With the price point it is very affordable for this level system.

Hi I have 2 questions.
Can you switch from camera to video underwater and how?
With the autoflash do you keep the power switch(on the strobe) on 1,2,3, or 4.

Thnx

Yes, you can switch from camera to video underwater. First make sure the camera is set to regular picture taking mode before you put it in the housing with the sliding lever on the top of the camera(not video or playback mode). You need to have the camera set to one of the underwater modes (such as sea mode or external flash mode). On the housing, hit the "DISP" button which will toggle you through camera mode, histogram, no display, and video.

As for the flash, the instruction manuals states to set the Auto Brightness switch to “1” for SeaLife cameras and “4” for non-SeaLife cameras. For best results, we suggest setting the camera to Ext Flash Auto mode and select Macro Flash [by pushing the flash button once – See page 21 of the DC800 instruction manual].

Yes, you can switch from camera to video underwater. First make sure the camera is set to regular picture taking mode before you put it in the housing with the sliding lever on the top of the camera(not video or playback mode). You need to have the camera set to one of the underwater modes (such as sea mode or external flash mode). On the housing, hit the "DISP" button which will toggle you through camera mode, histogram, no display, and video.

As for the flash, the instruction manuals states to set the Auto Brightness switch to ? for SeaLife cameras and ? for non-SeaLife cameras. For best results, we suggest setting the camera to Ext Flash Auto mode and select Macro Flash [by pushing the flash button once See page 21 of the DC800 instruction manual].

Thnx, on pg20 of the sea life strobe manual they suggest setting the automode to 4 for sea life cameras.Is this a misprint?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom