• 5) A mixture of all of the above

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • 6) I hate Charters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7) A mixture of 2 and 3

Votes: 34 22.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

............but you realize the poll is invalid since this was added after it started unless of course everyone who responed prior to its addition is able to change (not add additional) their responses.

WWW™

That is one sweet setup Deep Sea!!! When you say it's not as expensive as you might think, how many 100's of G's will put you in the ballpark?

-kate

Hey deep! When ever your looking for a new buddy to dive with just give me a yell. I'll get right on my jet and we'll go out on your new yacht. Buy the way "Do you happen to have any Grey poupon"

NJ Diver_34=-)

I've worked on a charter boat for the last 5 years and finally said I'm getting my own boat again. So I did. I wanted at least 25' so we could fit " all the gear " . I wanted a small cabin to hide when the weather turned. I got tired of the open boats getting rained on etc. I figured a " V " berth would be nice too for ovenights.

We'll the first few trips where great ! We went where we want, when we want, night fishing, a little nap, wake up and jump in for a breakfast dive. Life was good. Best trip we where ever on.

On the way in the engine block cracked. $265.00 towing. $5,000.00 parts and labor. The next trip was excellent. We used the Third Lung , got some lobsters, caught a Dolphin. On the way in engine coupler went. Free towing ( paid $99.00 in advance for Sea Tow ) New engine had to come back out, $1,300.00 to fix.

Since then almost anything that could go wrong was replaced so that wouldnt happen again. Except when they reconditioned the prop they didnt change the hub inside. I'll get that back next week. My next dive off my boat is to put the prop back on.

I called the guy I used to work for. Just wanted to make sure he was going out this wekend just in case the prop wasnt ready.

So you want a boat huh ?

for that price I want NEW CUSHIONS

sheeeeessssssssssshhhhhhhhh

My initial reaction was "overpriced."
But then I looked at the engine and the electronics suite - depending on the condition of the hull and all that stuff it may not be such a bad price after all.
Personally I'd hire a marine surveyor to check it out stem to stern before making an offer.
The boat itself looks like it'd be a lot of fun in the Gulf [in good weather].
Rick

Originally posted by syruss32

This is true stone but could you invite all of the people who post on here along in a smaller boat? Heck this one even comes with a submarine for non divers, what more could you ask?

Well then, how about this?
http://www.ussubs.com/Luxury_folder/lux.phoenix.html

This way EVERYONE can go down to 1000 fsw and look around. Or use the diver escape at up to 150 fsw.

It's only about 1/2 the size but you will save 2 mil over the ship... :wink:

I posted a thread in the same forum about Dive rafts. Does anyone have any experience with them? If so, any comments added there (or here) would be apreciated.

Back
Top Bottom