Zeagle Brigade - weight pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soamelt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if the Brigade is supposed to come with pouches for the weight pockets or are you supposed just drop the weights directly into the pockets? Thanks.

Greg

They are optional in most Zeagle products but I find the useful. Smaller weights, esp 1lb soft weights may slip out of the weight pocket. Personally I would either buy them or at least buy mesh laundry bags or a similar mesh container to put them in. That will prevent smaller weights from slipping out and make installing and removing them a lot easier.

Thanks, I'll definitely get them, I would think the little mesh bags would be included. It would certainly make it easier to recover your weights if you have to ditch them.

They aren't included because some people don't want to use them, and they don't want the price of the weight pouches factored into the BC.

I think they are a good option, but I also know lots of people who dive without them and have no problems...

:)

Scubatoys use to throw in the yellow thingies with purchase of the BC. Don't know if that was a limited time offer or not.

I dive without them (over 200 dives in a Brigade) and have no problems. If I ever have to ditch weights, finding the weights later will be way down my list of priorities. However, FWIW, I do think the yellow pouches would be nice to have.

I do believe that the official product name for them is "Yellow Thingies".:D

Originally coined by us... but kinda' took over like "Scotch Tape", "Kleenex", and "Xerox". One of my prouder moments in life - knowing I helped change the name to "Yellow Thingies". :rofl3:

Originally coined by us... but kinda' took over like "Scotch Tape", "Kleenex", and "Xerox". One of my prouder moments in life - knowing I helped change the name to "Yellow Thingies". :rofl3:

And you are so proud of this triumph that you are now giving them free with a Brigade purchase. Right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom