Differences DC600 & DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba&golf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm trying to decide between a DC600 and a DC800. Other than the difference in megapixels, what has changed? And what is the advantage of the DC800 over the DC600? I have seen the DC800, but none of the local shops have a DC600 to look at.

Thanks.

The main differences are:

DC600:
6.1 megapixels
2.5" LCD
12X zoom (3x optical, 4x digital)
Sea Mode
750 mAh lithium battery
Required Wide Angle Lens attachment to get wide angle pictures (lens attachment = 24 mm)
View other specs here: SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC600

DC800:
8 megapixels
2.7" LCD
20X zoom (4x optical, 5x digital)
Sea mode + 3 underwater color correction settings (Oceans Blue, Oceans Green, and Rivers/Lakes)
1250 mAh lithium battery
No need for wide angle lens attachment, camera lens is already wide angle at 28mm.
View other specs here: SeaLife Cameras - Underwater Digital Camera - DC800

The most important improvement in my opinion between the two cameras is battery life. With my DC600 I could not get a whole dive out of a battery. With the DC800 I can get two dives on a charge. This was the reason I upgraded.

Brian

I've had the DC500, 600, & 800. The 800's larger battery is very nice, although I did find some larger batteries than SeaLife's for the 600. I am very disappointed the 800 seems to have focus problems - the outer edges of the pictures won't focus. I did three dives on my first 800, then had it replaced. Have done one dive on the replacement 800 (SeaLife has always had great customer service by the way), and that appears to have the same problem. Very disappointing. Not sure what I am going to do now; waiting to hear from SeaLife. I can't believe I'm doing anything wrong. Have sold my 600, so I am kind of stuck for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom