After 20 years, need one last dive (Lake Travis)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, my friend, I printed up your mailing label yesterday and will drop your t-shirts in the mail manana. :D You should have received an email message from USPS saying there is a pkg on the way to you. Sorry it has taken so long. There have been some delays out of my control this time and others I've had some say in. I spent way too much time this weekend praying to the porcelain god due to a stomach virus...that is one thing I truly wish I did have the choice of not doing! :rofl3: Anyway...you should have your t-shirts by the end of the week.

First I thought the Geocache box was by the dam not WP... I went looking for it last summer and never found it but I have the link on my computer at home...

Second, this sounds like the makings of a great novel... We use DebraW's opening nad each add to it... There are enough stable and those not so stable that it could get pretty funny...

Third... John, I don't have my Tshirts yet and while affairs of the heart, finding a lost wedding ring for a 25th anniversay, releasing ashes of a loved one, etc might be good reason for doing this... playing a game with two peoples lives probably isn't...

Stay Thirsty My Friend

If things don't work out with K-Valve for reasons other than safety concerns I might be willing to help out with a short refresher and some dives if you are indeed physically and mentally up to it. I am an instructor. Doing it all the same day is possible but would of course depend on a lot of factors so would not be guaranteed.

The sinusitis is definitely a concern that needs to be addressed first as if you are congested diving just ain't gonna work.

~Jess

The sinusitis is definitely a concern that needs to be addressed first as if you are congested diving just ain't gonna work.

~Jess

........... YEP, just what he said! :wink:

Well, my friend, I printed up your mailing label yesterday and will drop your t-shirts in the mail manana. :D You should have received an email message from USPS saying there is a pkg on the way to you. Sorry it has taken so long. There have been some delays out of my control this time and others I've had some say in. I spent way too much time this weekend praying to the porcelain god due to a stomach virus...that is one thing I truly wish I did have the choice of not doing! :rofl3: Anyway...you should have your t-shirts by the end of the week.

You are hanging onto my shirt I hope. Are you going to the TCEU monthly meeting tomorrow night?

SO

myFOXaustin.com | Underwater Web Cam at Aquarena Center

I quit for almost 20 years and then started again. I think, with a little time shallow first, I could have done this one-time dive.

For those of you doom-sayers, have any of you taken a long (10+ years) break and then started diving again? Or are you just guessing for someone else?

Finding a cache on land based on GPS coordinates can be a bit challenging. UW may well be more than a 1-tank quicky. A known depth adjusted for lake levelmay be more important that the GPS coordinate once you get in the ballpark. Good luck

BTW, the idea of one "LAST" dive had my caution light blinking.

I quit for almost 20 years and then started again. I think, with a little time shallow first, I could have done this one-time dive.

For those of you doom-sayers, have any of you taken a long (10+ years) break and then started diving again? Or are you just guessing for someone else?

I once took 29 years off....then started from total scratch all over again!! :D

You are hanging onto my shirt I hope. Are you going to the TCEU monthly meeting tomorrow night?

I think so...I'll bring your shirt. Do you want to carpool? There's no one else there who I need to bring t-shirts for is there? Jack R. already picked his up.

One would think that it's still all the same basic concept. You put something in your face hole and you breath with it. You put some things on your feet and you swim with them. You put something on your eyes and you see with it. Strap air on your back and you get to leave an O2 environment with it.

Dove a bit back in like 1979. Probably made some 50 or 60 dives. Got certed in '07 28 years later.

The differences were enormous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom