Hello from Hong Kong/Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnakChan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
G'day all,

I'm a Malaysian/Aussie who's living in Japan but currently working in Hong Kong. I recently got back into diving after 24 yrs, just passed my Rescue Diver 2 weeks ago in Boracay. It's great to get back into diving and amazed at how technology has changed in 24 yrs!

And I hope to do more diving in SE Asia whenever I have free time :D.

Hi Anakchan! congratulations on your achievement! you have made a right move!! so, what's your plan at the moment? do you plan to further the certification as a MASTER SCUBA DIVER or DiveMaster where you can become an instructor?

I am interested to learn scuba diving and if possible, i will take the challenge to be a qualified/ full time diving instructor, which means i will take diving as my profession. But the problem is i have zero knowledge in scuba diving as of now, ha ha... sounds ridiculous, right? but i did some research in the internet on how to become a qualified diving insrtuctor.. am stil consider:) wht do you think?

Welcome back to diving. I'll bet you will enjoy it even more than you did the first time. I visited Malaysia but didn't have a chance to dive. I've also been to Australia to dive and Hong Kong for a visit, but not yet Japan. Look forward to "hearing" your reports here.

welcome aboard

kc:
Hi Anakchan! congratulations on your achievement! you have made a right move!! so, what's your plan at the moment? do you plan to further the certification as a MASTER SCUBA DIVER or DiveMaster where you can become an instructor?
[snip!]
I would like to aim for Divemaster next but think that's a long time away. My job's keeping me busy and can't take enough time to work on that.

I reckon you've gotta start somewhere, make a plan and go for it :D. Diving's loads of fun and Dr.Bill below is right, diving this time is much better than when I first tried 24 yrs ago. When I went to Boracay last month, there were quite a few chaps on "working holiday" there. They moved from overseas (UK/Canada, etc.) to Philippines for a couple of months - find work there with the local diveshops, studying towards Divemaster & instructor level. It's a big step but these guys are young and they're enjoying life there!

Welcome back to diving. I'll bet you will enjoy it even more than you did the first time. I visited Malaysia but didn't have a chance to dive. I've also been to Australia to dive and Hong Kong for a visit, but not yet Japan. Look
forward to "hearing" your reports here.
[Somewhere in between snowboarding, I think] I'll have to make Sipadan's next on my list :D. Heard it's a great place! Just gotta find a time where I can take a whole week off. But meanwhile in Japan after winter, I may try to go to the Izu peninsula. Heard that there's a hammerhead feeding ground there. That'll be easier for me as I can go on weekends from Tokyo.

Thx guys!

G'day to you! I don't know what to say - left Austraila to dive in Asia, Life must be tough! :) Welcome aboard the ScubaBoard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom