Do NOT do any business with EZ SCUBA in Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I want to thank Eric for coming on here and taking all of the negative posts in stride and attempting to fulfill people's requests. It takes a big "man" (nothing against the XX side, this is just a phrase) in my opinion to come on here to get abused and remain professional as he did. On top of that, Msscuba deserves a thank you as well for sharing her side of the story. I believe that while it seems that it is not the perfect situation, it has been suitably resolved for now and it will be up to the two individuals to do business again. I am going to keep my thread subscription active because I have to see if LetterBoy's wife/sister/brother has a UNIBROW.

NEXT on Springer......

I'm thinking that this might have been misstated. Did you dive with "just" the octo? If one of your buddies was a VERY experienced instructor and did not discourage you from diving with just an octo, then I would choose a different buddy. Especially as a newer diver, I would never think it a good idea to have only one air source.

Diving without an octo is not something I would do regularly but I have done it.

Lets see you have your own reg, Buddy's octo and Buddy's reg, (if you know how to buddy breath). I make that three air sources.

I'm thinking that this might have been misstated. Did you dive with "just" the octo? If one of your buddies was a VERY experienced instructor and did not discourage you from diving with just an octo, then I would choose a different buddy. Especially as a newer diver, I would never think it a good idea to have only one air source.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. 3 divers. 5 remaining 2nd stages. The chance of both remaining divers needing to share air is pretty slim.

Personally, I want to thank Eric for coming on here and taking all of the negative posts in stride and attempting to fulfill people's requests. It takes a big "man" (nothing against the XX side, this is just a phrase) in my opinion to come on here to get abused and remain professional as he did. On top of that, Msscuba deserves a thank you as well for sharing her side of the story. I believe that while it seems that it is not the perfect situation, it has been suitably resolved for now and it will be up to the two individuals to do business again. I am going to keep my thread subscription active because I have to see if LetterBoy's wife/sister/brother has a UNIBROW.

NEXT on Springer......
I just spewed coke all over my keyboard, you owe me a new keyboard!! :rofl3:

It is still an unnecessary risk and cause for stress for a new diver. I would personally agree with Ink that a logical and experienced diver would have aborted her dive before it started if only her Octo functioned.

Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. 3 divers. 5 remaining 2nd stages. The chance of both remaining divers needing to share air is pretty slim.

"Aunt Bunny fell down the steps. Muahahahahah!!! ........ You shaved the b**** down and taught her to speak. She can't climb a flight of stairs but I bet she can climb the ******* out of a tree!" to quote a once wise man.

And the keyboard is on its way.

Back to the :deadhorse: topic now.

I just spewed coke all over my keyboard, you owe me a new keyboard!! :rofl3:

It is still an unnecessary risk and cause for stress for a new diver. I would personally agree with Ink that a logical and experienced diver would have aborted her dive before it started if only her Octo functioned.

I personally wouldn't scub a dive in 20fsw for lac of a spair 2nd stage but, thats just me. :wink:

I personally wouldn't scub a dive in 20fsw for lac of a spair 2nd stage but, thats just me. :wink:

I would not either but remember this is a very new diver. I also do not recall her saying it was only 20' but maybe I missed it. I would definitely scrub a 60' or 80' dive and IMNSHO it is 300 dives worth of comfort and intelligence that tells me that it just is not worth it. It can wait until the next dive.

Why even use the 2nd stage, if she had a BP/W instead of poodle jacket she could turn tank to her front a breath straight from the tank valve. . . :popcorn:

I would not either but remember this is a very new diver. I also do not recall her saying it was only 20' but maybe I missed it. I would definitely scrub a 60' or 80' dive and IMNSHO it is 300 dives worth of comfort and intelligence that tells me that it just is not worth it. It can wait until the next dive.

I seen that they said it was spanish rocks and i know the spot and its maybe 21fsw at the deepest spot.

Why even use the 2nd stage, if she had a BP/W instead of poodle jacket she could turn tank to her front a breath straight from the tank valve. . . :popcorn:

They only do that in the keys when treasure hunting, didn't you see that movie :popcorn:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom