Petite Diver cannot find full 7mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting into a 7mm wetsuit is 10 times more easier than donning a Drysuit and undergarments... That's a given...

I would rather dive dry then in a wet suit any day. I love my dry suit!! I'm a WIMP - warm intelligent mature diver.

I have some Body Glove dry suits for sale. Some new and some with only 10 dives or less. Purchased them for my kids and they soon grew out of them. Search my posting on items for sale.

I have a 7mil aqualung aquastretch that I've never even worn. I'm 5'3" and weigh 110. I also have a 3mil aqualung, same material and a 5mil henderson hyperstretch. Freediving in New England waters, I opted for the 3mil Aqualung (I didn't have the 7mil yet) over the 5mil Henderson because the fit was so much better.

Getting into a 7mm wetsuit is 10 times more easier than donning a Drysuit and undergarments... That's a given...
Mike, you clearly don't have a drysuit yet, do you? If you're diving frequently in Northern California, you'll be making the purchase soon enough.

I disagree with your ease of donning statement. I can get into my drysuit faster than my 7mm. I'll admit I have more drysuit dives than wetsuit dives, though.

You may have a valid point if you're dry and the wetsuit is dry for Dive #1. What about Dive #2 later on in the day?

Mike, you clearly don't have a drysuit yet, do you? If you're diving frequently in Northern California, you'll be making the purchase soon enough.
I've made many thousands of dives in Northern California and I greatly prefer a wetsuit. A good wetsuit.
I disagree with your ease of donning statement. I can get into my drysuit faster than my 7mm. I'll admit I have more drysuit dives than wetsuit dives, though.
Much easier to pop into my wetsuit.
You may have a valid point if you're dry and the wetsuit is dry for Dive #1. What about Dive #2 later on in the day?
Since I use a skin two side suit it does not hold any water at all, it is completely dry in seconds. Even when I used a lycra out / skin in suit it was dry in a minute or so.

I've made many thousands of dives in Northern California and I greatly prefer a wetsuit. A good wetsuit.
Much easier to pop into my wetsuit.
Since I use a skin two side suit it does not hold any water at all, it is completely dry in seconds. Even when I used a lycra out / skin in suit it was dry in a minute or so.
Perhaps I just have a crappy 7mm wetsuit. :D
What brand wetsuit do you have, Thalassamania? Is it comprised of Rubatex G-231 nitrogen-blown neoprene? Approx. cost in today's market?
Also, you have no problems doing 3-4 hourlong dives in a day at water temps in the 50s?

Harvey's - our daughter is 5'1 and is 110 lbs fit into a rental 7mil 2 piece great and was able for the first time to stay in the water for 2 hrs. note we freedive/snorkel.

DUI will take stock drysuits and custom fit them, I would rather dive dry, and it doesn't matter where other than in water over 80 degrees, but I suppose it does matter how much time you spend in the water, on a training weekend, I can be in the water for 4 hours or more depending on how many students, what class, open water or specialities, etc. If you do want to go with the wetsuit route, I teach with a lady instructor who is 4'11" and loves her Scubapro wetsuits when she isn't diving dry.

Perhaps I just have a crappy 7mm wetsuit. :D
What brand wetsuit do you have, Thalassamania? Is it comprised of Rubatex G-231 nitrogen-blown neoprene? Approx. cost in today's market?
Also, you have no problems doing 3-4 hourlong dives in a day at water temps in the 50s?
My current suit was made for me by a small custom house in Santa Cruz called Polaris. I've had suits from many manufacturers and made some myself. They were all GN-231. I have no idea of current costs (my current suit was free, in return for some dry suit design work). I have no problem at all spending 4 hours in 50 degree water. Keep in mind that a skin two sides suit is essentially a "semi-dry" suit and without any nylon or lycra it is very flexible, can be fit very close and has little or no squeeze. On the surface it dries instantly and keeps you warm even in strong winds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom