Dacor R-4 parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matt t.

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently aquired 2 very clean Dacor R-4 double hose regs. They appear to be in working order except that 1 needs an outer diaphragm. Looking on the intenet I'm finding it difficult to locate Dacor parts (as compared to the Aqualung, Voit, or Healthways parts). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

They will be hard to find, keep looking. U S Divers and Voit regulators share a lot of commonality in parts and were also the most common of two hose regs produced and new parts are available but there isn't a sufficient demand for parts Dacor and and other brands of two hose regs to make new parts production economically feasible.

Check vintagedoublehose.com
The store has a couple Dacor diaphragms. see if that is what you need.

Thanks for the tip. That's not what I need.

Lost the auction (sold for an incredible amount!). Still looking.

You ought to ask at VintageDoubleHose.com and VintageScubasuplly.com. You will find more members of the vintage diving community and some may have parts.

Also you can ask over there for Jerry Powel (aka Dacor Jerry) contact information. He may have all the parts you need.

BTW, are you aware that the Dacor double hose regulators are not known for having very good performance? I am not very familiar with the Dacor double hose, but they have a reputation for being built like tank and for being somewhat of hard breathers.

I know of some members of VDH and VSS who have been tinkering to try to improve there performance.

Good luck

You ought to ask at VintageDoubleHose.com and VintageScubasuplly.com. You will find more members of the vintage diving community and some may have parts.

Also you can ask over there for Jerry Powel (aka Dacor Jerry) contact information. He may have all the parts you need.

BTW, are you aware that the Dacor double hose regulators are not known for having very good performance? I am not very familiar with the Dacor double hose, but they have a reputation for being built like tank and for being somewhat of hard breathers.

I know of some members of VDH and VSS who have been tinkering to try to improve there performance.

Good luck

Thanks for the tip on the other forums. I don't really care about the performance of the regs. I payed little enough for them that I thought they may be fun to mess around with once in a while, or at least look nice in a display. If I can't find the diaphragm reasonably priced, I can always sell them to someone for parts ans still come out ahead..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom