Any Herpers Here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RR, that first piccer isn't coming up. Would you fix it, I'd like to see it. :D That Day Gekko has some really nice color. Great lil read your post was :)
Try this one, not the best color. Mine are dark brown/silvery, stunning patterns. Mourning Gecko And the fearsome snake of Hawaii… Island Blind Snake

Absolutely!

Been a snake fan all my life...
Used to raise red-tail boas, honduran milksnakes, california kings... etc.

Now, with time constraints, I only have a single South Florida Kingsnake. However, he's hypomelanistic, and as a result, the normal infusion of black speckling throughout his coloring is largely faded, which leaves him a beautiful screaming yellow...

Unfortunately, keeping non-poisonous snakes indigenous to Georgia, or its "sister" (sharing borders) states is not legal (however, you can keep "hots"... copperheads, moccasins, rattlers, all you want -- go figure).

However, my six footer S. Fla. King is a rescue (congenital defect with his tongue not able to find his Jacobson's Organ, meaning he couldn't find prey on his own).

He's as docile as they come... I do wish standard attitudes about herps would change... My neighbor wouldn't stop making mincemeat out of any snake he found in his backyard (non-poisonous or poisonous alike) until he realized his mole population was exploding...

Education...

Kim,
Absolutely!:)

rookers,
Excellent, we have kept dart frogs in the past! My first and formost love is emerald tree boas. I guess I can boast a little with some pics...
Craig
Beautiful emerald boa...

I had *one* (long time ago). Beautiful orange as a juvie, and then a brilliant green as he matured...

I took a hit from him (my fault -- was handling his prey before a feed, and reached in to change out his water). Found out just how long, sharp, and numerous the emerald's teeth really are, first hand... (you don't quite appreciate it until they've mated with your wrist).

There's an excellent forum for herp fans -- kingsnake.com - the information portal for reptile and amphibian hobbyists. Has dozens of sub-forums for any taste, including hots (for those interested).
Some of the contributors/participants to the forums are names you may have heard if you patronize the Animal Planet and Discovery channels' specials on herps...

I realize this is an old thread but I just joined. Turtles are my favorite especially Eastern Box Turtles because of the variety of designs on their shells among other things ! No two are exactly alike and they can live to 100. Ever see one this well designed?

Attachments

• Bumblebee driftwood.JPG
    Bumblebee driftwood.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 23
I realize this is an old thread but I just joined. Turtles are my favorite especially Eastern Box Turtles because of the variety of designs on their shells among other things ! No two are exactly alike and they can live to 100. Ever see one this well designed?

Wow, he is pretty.

yep i have a 4ft monitor.
What kind of monitor?

I've a friend with a Savannah Monitor... nasty critter...

...and that was a downsize from a Water Monitor... *nastier* critter...

Back
Top Bottom