Rick Frehsee prints

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insert Catchy name

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
July 2007 Special Edition of Scuba Diving Magazine has the "25 Greatest Diving Photos of All Time".

Page 34 is a photo by Rick Frehsee. Female Diver wearing old school dive gear. Photo is labled RED SEA. Year 1977.

Anyone know where I can by a print of this or poster that can be framed?

Have searched ScubaBoard and Google as a whole.

Thanks, Joe.

I don't know where you can get a print, Rick had some pictures from the early 70's I'd love to get prints of.

He was a great guy.

I've found in the past that contacting the magazine gave good results. (not specifically that mag tho..)

Because I did not know such a place/person/thing existed.

Thank's to Russ I now know.

Thank's Russ.

Rick passed away a couple years ago, I don't know if there is still a Rick Frehsee company. I'd like to get some photos, back when we were diving with the Cousteau team, in Bimini 74-75. Hopefully someone has an archive of his photos.

Back in the early 70's he had pictures of subs he took for the Navy at 200-250 foot on air. Argosy and True magazine are long gone but he had covers and underwater articles with them. They were men's adventure magazines that I read when I was in my teens. Treasure diving and sharks were a mainstay. He later had pictures and articles (he was also a writer for his articles) in Nat'l Geographic and every dive magazine.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom