Any dam dive trips this fall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, I don't want to fork out $50 to $60 bucks for 6 inchs of vis on a dam dive. I'll wait for better conditions. Shore diving with low vis is no big deal. I'll do that any time. But for a paid boat dive, I'll wait. Maybe it'll clear up in a few week as temp goes down.

Last edited:
Rob above, has it right.....

Diving Tec Island from the boat is MUCH beter vis than any shoredive I have yet experienced at Lake Pleasant ! This is a GREAT spot....I have about 10 dives here now.

A few times we have had really decent vis, 15-20', on the shelves with really nice water temps too. The Thermo in the last couple of weeks has seemed to desecend, approaching the 48' foot mark in many places near Tec Island. This being said, it leaves a lot of comfortable diving on the wall, checking out the crevices and the swim through too. COME TRY THIS, YOU WON'T BE SORRY !! I'll be there too.
Ok, now down to the business....As Rob mentioned, he is very busy and can't post as often as he'd like here. I will my do my best to answer questions, PMs.
If you want to come out on a wicked fun boat dive w/ US ON SUNDAY, PLEASE CALL or EMAIL ROB as soon as possible so we can reserve a spot on the boat for you and prepare our tank and gear requirements. We need all reservations called or emailed no later than FRIDAY 10/3/08 by 5 PM, please. Let me know if you have any more questions, more importantly, call or email Rob @ 602-518-3443.

Thanks all, hope to see you Sunday morning !

We were on Tec Island Saturday and vis was 15 feet or so with depth leveling out at about 100-110.

Sunday we were on the old dam and hit 203 for my guys' final trimix checkout dive. Below 100 vis opened up to about 10-15ft all the way to the bottom. We will be on the scubateer and will be putting together more dam dives. I don't think mixing tec and rec would work out well so we will have to do some juggling with the schedule and sites.

We were on Tec Island Saturday and vis was 15 feet or so with depth leveling out at about 100-110.

Sunday we were on the old dam and hit 203 for my guys' final trimix checkout dive. Below 100 vis opened up to about 10-15ft all the way to the bottom. We will be on the scubateer and will be putting together more dam dives. I don't think mixing tec and rec would work out well so we will have to do some juggling with the schedule and sites.

Thank you for the update, Bill! A buddy and I are signed up for the Scubateers this Sunday. We just got our deco procedures certs and want to plan a deco dive on the old dam. Nothing crazy, 140 feet or so, on air. We were at Vista Point this past weekend, but the viz was so awful that we didn't have much fun once we hit 60 feet. From your description, it sounds the viz opens up a little once you get deeper, but we basically have to prepare for a night dive, correct? Last time we dove the old dam in the fall of last year, I remember it was pitch-black below 80 feet, while the viz was maybe 10 feet or so. Should we expect about the same this Sunday?

Thank you for the update, Bill! A buddy and I are signed up for the Scubateers this Sunday. We just got our deco procedures certs and want to plan a deco dive on the old dam. Nothing crazy, 140 feet or so, on air. We were at Vista Point this past weekend, but the viz was so awful that we didn't have much fun once we hit 60 feet. From your description, it sounds the viz opens up a little once you get deeper, but we basically have to prepare for a night dive, correct? Last time we dove the old dam in the fall of last year, I remember it was pitch-black below 80 feet, while the viz was maybe 10 feet or so. Should we expect about the same this Sunday?

Absolutely. I had my canister HID and an LED hanging from my harness so I could read my NitekHe. It will be very black but basically a night dive. Temp was 56 I believe but it was 62 at 120ish. Our mix was a little high - we want to do it again soon on a 10/50 mix to get the END up a little.

Have fun man!

Bill

Yes, Garret called me and he is putting a dive together for Saturday, 25 October, call or email him for details. Captain Michael

Hi divers,

Just wondering if anyone signed up for the dam dive with The Scubateers on Sunday. I hear they are a good operation so I might be calling them today. Happy diving!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom