Looking for a little pocket advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Morloc

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm all set to add a Halcyon pocket to my 5mm hyper-stretch wetsuit and can't decide which side to put it on. I'm diving a Halcyon BP/W with a single HP100 and occasionally a 19 Pony slung like a stage bottle. Given the pony, SPG, and Inflator/Air2 my left side is getting a bit busy. I seem to remember a recommendation about a big pocket on the left and a smaller one on the right...
So, any insights, suggestions, or don't do xxx?

P.S. Planned contents: Slate, spare mask, and finger spool for use with Liftbag/Marker.

Full sized pockets both sides. I have no problem accessing the left pocket with 2 Al80 stages on the left. Its bulky but not in a way thats relevant to pocket access.

... 19 Pony slung ... Inflator/Air2 ... Slate ...
I appreciate people asking questions but somehow I expect DIR-related questions in this section.

Sorry if I mis-posted this. DIR folk seem to be ones adding pockets so I thought I'd ask the experts...

Last edited:
Two pockets, but if I were to do one, I'd put it on my left side (if you are ever going to scooter, that is).

One thing about gluing it to a wetsuit: use a cutting board or a thick piece of cardboard to stretch your suit in a comparable amount to how much it is stretch when worn. Do this by putting the suit on, marking where the pockets go, then taking it off and getting it stretched so the pocket fits the marks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom