Goodbye Brian Howard (Wildcard)----Alaska & Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian was really a character and he will be missed. I'm glad to have spent some time with him and know what a great guy he was.

Aloha, Brian. Peace be with you.

WOW, I saw this the other day and didn't think anything of it, I figured he was moving someplace else. . . I finally read it today. . . I traded PM's with WC a few times . . .

You are in my thoughts and prayers WC. I hope you have found a better place where the water is always warm clear and the currents are calm.

Brian was a truly wonderful guy! He will be missed. I only met him twice here in Hawaii but found him to be a really great person! Quite the character, as others have mentioned. In addition, he was a really warm, funny and friendly person!

My sincerest condolences and prayers got out to all his family and friends. Rest in peace, Brian.

RIP Wildcard.

I received an email from Brian's mom and it contains one important detail about his murder that wasn't mentioned in the reports, thought I'd share. To those that knew Brian - this should not be a surprise....

He was trying to save the life of a 13-year old girl whose mother was threatening to kill her. The mother shot Brian and then killed herself. The child is physically unhurt, but emotionally traumatized.

I received an email from Brian's mom and it contains one important detail about his murder that wasn't mentioned in the reports, thought I'd share. To those that knew Brian - this should not be a surprise....

Had not ever met the man, but I can see by the outpouring of love and devotion that this would not have been out of character.

I am still in shock, having just read this. Brian I considered a friend, as we spent a good six weeks together here on the Big Island, and I was expecting him back at some point to go diving with us.

While I don't spend much time on this board, it is fitting and appropriate that I post my deepest condolences for his family and other friends. He was an exceptional guy and will be missed by this diver.

Tragic series of events, but as it turns out, Brian Howard left us as a hero, by apparently saving the life of the 13-year-old girl, while losing his.

Wow, this is the first SB death that sort of hits close to home. I didn't know or chat with him directly, but as a fellow Alaskan, I saw and read his posts in the AK Polar Bears forum. I didn't realize he was a fellow Firefighter and EMT. :(

Back
Top Bottom