What is a good price for a 7 mm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Bare Artic 7mm for $200. It´s a great wetsuit for the money, very confortable, very good fit.

The Bare Velocity Progressive 7/6mm is around $250/280 and the Elastek 7mm (top of the line) 320/330.

Depending on where you dive and how often plays a big part on how much one would spend on a wetsuit. Unless you have the money of course. For myself I shore dive thus requiring a suit that will hold up to that kind of diving. I've always wondered why they don't make a suit with a butt pad. Anyway, look at everything you would need for cold water diving.
Hood, gloves, boots or socks, mask and fins full or open heel. All this stuff allows me to freedive, snorkel in 45 to 55 degree water. And all can be bought for under $300 (mine not for sale) depending on where you look. So what I'm saying if your budget is $450 total then you will have to factor in everything else you will need and there cost. Happy looking!!

This makes absolutely no sense. She clearly says that she can't afford a $450 wetsuit. How could she possibly afford a drysuit which would be >1000 plus training?

Yeah...:confused:

And good idea wkongae I didn't think of factoring in the cost...I do not have a hood, my gloves are thin, and my fins are open heel. I didn't know there were socks.

Thanks everyone.

I bought a Bare Artic 7mm for $200. It´s a great wetsuit for the money, very confortable, very good fit.

The Bare Velocity Progressive 7/6mm is around $250/280 and the Elastek 7mm (top of the line) 320/330.

Ide spend a bit extra for a good Pinnacle, Excell or Henderson. I've been thru 2 Bare Artics; and with both suits, the neoprene just gave way at the knee areas. They don't have proper kneepads and thats a big weekness for the BARE SUITS.

My Bare is just over a year old and is out of warrantee. Just like my first Bare Suit, I will glue home-made knee pads on it and get 2 yrs out of it until the neoprene stiffens like my other Bare suit.

I must add that its better to wear a nin-bibbed hood with the Bare Arctic as there is less flushing down the back if the neck seal is not interrupted by the bib of a hood.

My Henderson F/J although not as snug, is 8 yrs old and yet to see any neoprene separartation. My buddies Hendersone is 11 yrs old and is going strong without any issues.

Want a cheap disposable short lasting suit, get a Bare as its cozy and snug. Want a suit that lasts and is cozy, get a Henderson or Excell full suit. F/J seem to flush easier. Also the Henderson golds are nice but the gold rubs off too easily.

Go for a plain and simple Henderson, Pinnacle or Excell full suit.

My next suit will not be a Bare if I can help it as I shore dive in rocky areas.

Ide spend $250 on a full suit.

Last edited:
Check out unrealfind.com. I bought a 7/5 Tilos a year ago that is PERFECT for about 129.00. I checked their site the other day and same suit for the same price. They will exchange it if the size is not right. Be sure to get a good snug fit or any wetsuit will not work, esp in cold water.

make sure it fits. i got a 2 piece semidry [with an optional jacket for the cooler days] - perfect fit online for 180 and shipped to my door. love the suit. water doesn't really get in. and if so, very little. pm me if you want to know where i got it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom