R.I.P PacketSniffer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am grateful to have met and dived with Richard, and I must agree that he was a pleasure to be around, and an excellent diver. I hope that he's in a better place, and my prayers go to his loved ones, that they might have strength to endure such a tremendous loss.

packetsniffer.jpg

I cannot find PacketSniffer's name in our Texas Swamp Diver listings. Since it is apparent that he had dived with some of our Swampers in the past, that made him eligible to be counted amongst us. I would like to add his name to the Houston listing (posthumously, unfortunately) as an honorary member. Does anyone object?

Last edited:
No objection from me. Although I never met him in person, we had numerous PM conversations and we had mutual friends. Everyone seems to have thought highly of him.

I cannot find PacketSniffer's name in our Texas Swamp Diver listings. Since it is apparent that he had dived with some of our Swampers in the past, that made him eligible to be counted amongst us. I would like to add his name to the Houston listing (postumously, unfortunately) as an honorary member. Does anyone object?

Please do, I can verify him as a dive buddy a number of times. One of them that comes to mine was at Valhalla, I was freezing my hind off in a 5mm wetsuit and he was comfortably warm in a drysuit, smugly smiling at me as I tried to catch my breath before descending. I was on air and he was on nitrox, and I was one minute from deco waiting for him to photograph a dead rat on the bottom. In the photo below, I am on the far left and he is next to me.

Attachments

• Valhalla90.jpg
    Valhalla90.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 132
Ken....please add Richard to the Swampers.....he would like that.

Unbelievably sad. Cruising around all the dive forums, I have been comforted by the words and photos posted by everyone. Richard was a great person, a careful diver, and will be missed greatly.

I am happy that I had the opportunity to meet and dive with him. He was fun!

Condolences to his parents, children and other family and close friends.

jennifer

Godspeed Richard...

Godspeed Richard,
My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends..
Kirsten

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom