Holy Grails of Hawaii Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for me, It would be a dolphin or a humpback. seen the turtles, rays, and eels.. I actually thought the monk seal was extinct so that would be great too. but I think the Holy Grail would be a mermaid.... that would be a real winner in my book...

for me, It would be a dolphin ...

My wife and I were fortunate enough to get this video just outside the harbor at Kona.

I am able to check off the Hawaiian Sting Ray, Tiger Shark 10-15 footer (about 50 feet away), moray eating a tako, frog fish (couple different kind), spinners (about a hundred of em, well maybe but in one of the photos you can count about 20 of them), mantas, spotted eagle rays, but the elusives I still want to see are the great white, whale shark, that darn dragon eel, and NEMO!

I've been very lucky - holy grails that i've seen:
humpbacks underwater (three times! -maui, kona, o'ahu lana'i lookout),
spinner dolphins, monk seal (Ni'ihau), morwong (at Pupukea) , tinker's butterflyfish, hammerhead, tiger shark, sea horse (maui and pupukea)

still on my list:
longfin anthias, whale shark, oceanic whitetip, Jolly Green Giant nudibranch, and others.
but i'm probably too late for jessica alba <sigh>

awesome, I would love to see humpbacks underwater, ive heard them at lanai lookout, hmm lanai lookout ive encountered the monk seal there numerous times, in the cave near the exit.

Aloha Everyone.
For me, the Holy Grail was the Yellow Mouth Moray. I have lots of Monk seal shots, and Whale shark shots, Mantas, etc.. I would post more pictures, but am not so hot at getting them up.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

turtleguy does that mean you are back in the water? I heard you were holed up for a bit and couldn't do any diving

I was diving Saturday, did the Sea tiger and the Secret reef. My big thing in the last 12 months was completing the Honolulu Marathon. My wife would prefer that I get a real job.
Aloha
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom