Philadelphia quarry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveInFlorida

Instructor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I heading up to Tennessee (Sevierville) the last week of October and the fist week of November. Is the Philadelphia Quarry going to be open? Any other places to dive?
Thanks,
Gary

Dutch Springs is open till 3rd week in Nov. willowspringspark.com opens all year long.

The Philadelphia quarry the OP is referring to is in Tennessee, not the more famous Philadelphia in Pennsylvania.

Most quarries I know of will open by appointment just about any time, especially if you are diving with a group and can make it worth their while to do so. I would recommend giving them a call. Your other option in that area is Loch Low-Minn in Athens, TN, which is one of my favorites.

The Philadelphia quarry is always open. As long as you have your own gear, all you do is stop by the barn and leave a signed release and payment in the drop box and go dive. I think they have a telephone number posted there to call and they give you the gate lock combination. You can contact Mike at Adventure Dive in Knoxville - he's the owner I believe. If you are there on the weekend, they are usually there and have gear to rent from what I hear.

Karoliakid is correct. Alot of times, the gate isn't actually locked, the lock is just placed so it looks like it is locked. About 6 weeks ago when I was last there, it was $10 to get in. If the "barn" is open, they do have some rental gear, tanks, and you can get air fills.

Loch Low is also always open by appointment as previously mentioned.

Martha's Quarry is over near Nashville (off of I-40). I believe it is east of Nashville, but I don't know how far from the Knoxville area. I haven't been to it so I don't know their schedule.

I'm heading up to Tennessee (Sevierville area) near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for a few weeks October 25th - November 8th. We have a Cabin up there. We also have a deep lake in our backyard which I will be checking out for the first time. Are their any club diving going on?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom