Morrison Springs is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't plan on it.

I went by there last weekend and did a little recon. Other than it was very flooded (I think Gustav had a little to do with that) and some paving going down to the boat ramp it looked ready to go. One thing I really liked is the road is paved. So now I guess it's how long will it take about 500 yards of asphalt down.

Kenny.... I talked to the County Information Officer (I can't remember his name) about a two weeks ago and they were shooting for having it open mid September, but no guarentee's.

I would hope that it would be open by the end of September, but I wouldn't bet any money on it.

EDIT : BTW.. the holdup is getting the plumbing complete on the well and bathrooms and general cleanup and last minute items.

With all the weather and flooding, don't guess there is any use to making plans for it anyhow. Lol.

Ken

Maybe it wil be ready when I get off active duty for Sir Gustave (and hopefully not Ike). I need to get my wife and daughter in the water.

we're looking at sometime in November, at this point.

a source told me they're having permitting issues with the well that will supply the showers with water.

we're looking at sometime in November, at this point.

a source told me they're having permitting issues with the well that will supply the showers with water.

well it's not like they haven't had 3 years to apply for those permits....

October 3 years ago is when they first came up with the plan for this make-over.

This screwup is self inflicted by the local government there.

you sound surprised...
:rofl3:
And half the country wants to turn the healthcare system over to the government?
GMAB!
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom