I Like My OMS Slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am glad that you guys like them and that they seem to be lighter by a pound each, the larger foot pocket and what appears to be a smaller blade is a worry. Oh well, I guess next time I am near a shop that has actual pro level gear in it I will drop by and take a look.

N
No interest in the Hollis fins?

Regards

Jet on the bottom of both pics:

jet-oms001Small.jpg

jet-oms002Small.jpg

I just got home from work and took a good look at all three pairs offins. I have to revise my early statement a bit.
My XL slips are about 1/2" longer than my XL Jets and as said have a slightly larger foot pocket but it is a very small margin. The Hollis fins are about 2" longer than the slips with a bigger foot pocket and not mention a lot better foot pocket cut.

I posted a bunch of pics of XL jets and XL slipstreams previously. see post 16 onwards: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fi...ro-xl-jets-vs-idi-xs-scuba-xl-power-fins.html

they are exactly the same shape and size. the slipstreams (with rubber straps) were a tad under a pound (400g) lighter per fin than my jets with spring straps. the foot pocket was about 9% larger in terms of how much water it held; but that extra volume was mainly manifested as an extra half inch of foot pocket depth. i.e. basically they are same size; anyone who fits in xl jets would fit in xl slipstreams and vice versa. the blade is stiffer, and the fins "feel" significantly lighter than the jets even though it's actually just 300-400g.

I'd love to have a pair of Slipstreams for wet suit diving. Has anyone heard anything about the mythical sizes large and medium which have been promised over a year?

Ron, I don't what size feet you have but I can tell you my XL Slips fit my 3mm wet suit boots (9 1/2-10) perfectly. I was going to dump them since they were too small for my dry suit but no need to now.

I'm a 9 1/2, but I find the XL Slipstreams to be a little sloppy. Large Jets fit well. It's just annoying that OMS has been promising the smaller sizes for about two years now, with nothing to show for it.

I have a pair of L Jets which fit fine, but they're heavy for me in a wet suit. I like the shape, but not the weight. I'm very happy with them in my dry suit. For the time being, I've been using the monoprene Dive Rites for wet suit diving, although they're a little longer and clunkier than the Jets. The Jets are just perfect for those little modified frog kicks and backing up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom