Show us your Sealife weekend diving pics!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! I am a novice diver and perhaps guilty to push myself too much too soon when it comes to decided whether to take underwater pictures or not. My first impulse is to take pictures even if I have done only 15 dives and my buoyancy control is still, obviously, 'uneven' (one time is ok the next is all over the place)...

I have been having arguments with my buddy about whether to take the camera or not on dives...My argument is to take the camera anyway and see how the dive goes. If there are difficulties then we don't take pictures, if everything is going well then let's use the camera. My buddy seems to think otherwise. He would rather not have another piece of equipment to deal with if he doesn't feel that it is appropriate to take pictures in the first place. I guess I can see his point.

I have to mellow out, be patient and dive without the camera if the conditions and circumstances are already demanding without it.

I have tried to upload images on this site but it is not working. I cannot figure out how to delete and organize images in folders, I cannot see any instructions anywhere (haven’t I looked hard enough?) and it takes forever to upload images...

I took my camera on my 3rd open water dive. It's did distract me a bit not going to lie. But it really helps with bouyency control. It helps you get neutral bouyency because you arent fiddling with your bc all the time you are using the camera. It helped me a lot with that.

Also you might want to post this in a new thread because its not right to post it here.

Hello! I am a novice diver and perhaps guilty to push myself too much too soon when it comes to decided whether to take underwater pictures or not. My first impulse is to take pictures even if I have done only 15 dives and my buoyancy control is still, obviously, 'uneven' (one time is ok the next is all over the place)...

I have been having arguments with my buddy about whether to take the camera or not on dives...My argument is to take the camera anyway and see how the dive goes. If there are difficulties then we don't take pictures, if everything is going well then let's use the camera. My buddy seems to think otherwise. He would rather not have another piece of equipment to deal with if he doesn't feel that it is appropriate to take pictures in the first place. I guess I can see his point.

I have to mellow out, be patient and dive without the camera if the conditions and circumstances are already demanding without it.

I have tried to upload images on this site but it is not working. I cannot figure out how to delete and organize images in folders, I cannot see any instructions anywhere (haven’t I looked hard enough?) and it takes forever to upload images...

I took my camera on my OW certification dives (to date these remain my only OW dives). I was encouraged to do so by my instructors.
As for the pictures, try using a hosting service such as photo bucket.

Nice!

"Also you might want to post this in a new thread because its not right to post it here."

I am a bit confused.

What are you supposed to post here?

"As for the pictures, try using a hosting service such as photo bucket."

A hosting service will allow me to add a picture on this reply for instance?

Thanks

DivesAugust102008

At last I have figured out how to include a picture in the post!

No! The image doesn't show up!

I changed the link from Picasa to Flickr. It may work.

If you look at post #127 I explained how to post from flicker that may help you.

As far as posting here, I think what he means is that you may find more help if you start a new discussion with your specific concerns.

Hope this helps.

Wiz

If you look at post #127 I explained how to post from flicker that may help you.

As far as posting here, I think what he means is that you may find more help if you start a new discussion with your specific concerns.

Hope this helps.

Wiz

Thank you.

I am sorry I don't want to be a nuisance but this Scuba Board is sometimes a confusing labyrinth for a beginner like me with no much experience in blogging.

I will check post #127 out.

Back
Top Bottom