How much $$$$$$ do you make?

SCUBA can be pretty expensive. How much do you make annually?

• 0 - 15,000

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 15,000 - 30,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • 30,000 - 45,000

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • 45,000 - 60,000

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • 60,000 - 75,000

Votes: 46 13.5%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

Votes: 50 14.6%
  • 100,000 - 150,000

Votes: 63 18.4%
  • 150,000 - 200,000

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • 200,00 - 250,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • I'm freakin loaded

Votes: 34 9.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All this before or after tax? Becasue in europe it makes a huge difference
:D:D:D

I make enough to own my own gear so I can go diving locally whenever I want - well the weekend or week nights after work. That is enough money for me :)

$250,001 and up is pretty far from "I'm freakin' loaded"

According to John McCain, you' still need another $4,749,999.00 to get out of middle class .... :wink:

I dive at work. So the gear is free, mostly, some of it anyway, except for the stuff that I own that I borrowed from my wife's dive gear things or found on the bottom like weight belts.

Anyone with half a brain will ignore the high and low categories. We're not that naive, and we know how many houses we own.

Hey, I wasn't saying you were naive. I was saying it's navie to ask a question like that and expect straight answers. If you can't expect a honest answer why ask in the first place.

Regarding how many houses... The more the merrier I say. Having a few bucks in your pocket is a good thing not a bad thing.

Obamma wrote a book so he could profit from the sales and profit he did and good for him. Nothing wrong with making a profit.

Bill Ayres... now that's another subject and there's plenty wrong with it.

I also think this is a rude question but I'm not being asked directly and can choose not to answer. If others want to answer that's fine too.

I'm wondering; what STD's everyone has had or have?

And how much does everyone weigh?

Try owning a boat.
A 20 y/o boat
with volvo engines
twin engines
burning 15 gallons an hour at $5 per gallon....
Fill up that pair of 150 gallon tanks just once and ESPN outdoors starts to look attractive.

My take on diving? Expensive yes but worth it. (& look at all the cool toys you end up with)

In my situation:
Gross 100%
After taxes 52 % left
After running costs (VAT is another 21% on all goods bought, fuel is about 9$ a gallon, etc) I'll be approximately left with about 26% disposable income of the gross.

Remind me not to whine about taxes in Canada!:D

well this is really subjective, if you intend to dive but you choose a suite to stay in then it is definitely expensive, right or not?

I don't think its a rude question... They aren't asking for an exact number. And I think it puts into perspective how people of all incomes manage to dive. I know that when I started thinking about getting certified, I thought, "there is no way I can possibly afford this hobby". But through determination and lots of research I was able to find quality gear at reasonable prices. Now I have everything I need and when I wanna dive I pay the 5 or 10 bucks to get my tank filled and I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom