Bare Dry suit nex-gen shell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving my NexGen for over a year now and love it. I have the XXL suit and size 13 rock boots to go with it. If I buy another drysuit, it will definetly be a Bare.

Jeff,
Did you get a size 13 then , since you have size 11 feet. I'm asking 'cause the link only goes to 12.
On boat dives, I don't use any shoes with my nexgen. But these look nice if I could get some to fit (I'm a size 12 )
Thanks
BTW OP. I love my Bare Nexgen. Had a chance to get a DUI for change and liked this better.

The ones I had were not the same as the one's I linked too. The ones I used had a thin nylon top, so they stretched easily. I can't remember the exact size....I think they where in XL, XXL type sizes with an approx shoe size (which was in the 13ish size)

I dove a Next Gen for several years, bought from a club member, and just sold it to it's 3rd owner. Without exageration the suit has got to have 500 dives on it in all sorts condition but mostly the zebra mussle lakes of upstate New York

Well I got one today and can't wait to dive it. Thanks for all the responses. I was thinking of using my wet suit boots for now and was looking at fishing rock boots - they are a little cheaper than trek boots. Maybe even look into getting a pair of Chuck Taylors.

Steve

I got mine and havent dove it much but it seems to work well the only gripe I have is the backzip but what can you say for 750. Works well keeps me warm and dry.

I've got a Bare Nex Gen and I think it is great.

Bill.

Well I got one today and can't wait to dive it. Thanks for all the responses. I was thinking of using my wet suit boots for now and was looking at fishing rock boots - they are a little cheaper than trek boots. Maybe even look into getting a pair of Chuck Taylors.

Steve

i've been diving mine all summer. i would suggest getting rock boots to save any hassle of getting the right fit. i bought a pair of pinnalces and they work great. also you may have to get a new pair of larger fins. generaly one size up.
good luck.

Ive been diving mine in Northern California 45Deg. water. not even the urchins leave a mark. Bare is awesome. havent run into a GW yet but I would venture that it might not hold up to that.:eyebrow:

Thanks for all the responses! Everybody is great!

Are there any reasons I can't put on my wet suit boots or do I need the rock boots? Is there any problem to just put the fins on over the attached booties?

Steve

Thanks for all the responses! Everybody is great!

Are there any reasons I can't put on my wet suit boots or do I need the rock boots? Is there any problem to just put the fins on over the attached booties?

Steve

No, I don't see any reason why you can't wear wetsuit booties instead of rock boots. However, you might need to get a larger size of wetsuit bootie in order to accommodate wearing thicker socks inside the suit. A pair of thick wool socks really helps if your feet tend to get chilly on a dive. No one likes finishing a dive with numb toes. Even if you don't wear thick socks inside the drysuit, the neoprene sock is thick enough so that you might not be able to get it to fit inside the same wetsuit booties that you normally wear with your wetsuit.

The neoprene sock is smooth in the Achilles tendon region. A fin strap might not hold there if it isn't cinched down tightly. The Bare Trek boots actually have a convenient knob that prevents the fin strap from slipping. Since I haven't tried the Nex-Gen Pro with Chuck Taylors, I don't know if the fin strap can grip the back of the Converse shoes to prevent slipping.
The other issue is that without rock boots or wetsuit booties the neoprene sock might more easily balloon up with air. Not fun if you're trying to avoid floaty feet.

Good luck with the boot/bootie solutions. The Bare Nex-Gen is a great drysuit. I have about 150 dives on mine, and it still works great. Have fun and dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom