Dividers for Pelican 1510 case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well with my experience the divider are nice and do off a a lot more room to but they don't offer as much protection as the pic and pluck foam but they do a good job at protecting stuff. the way i look at it is that if i am checking my bags it goes in the foam but if i am caring thing on or am going camping it goes in the dividers because i can fit a lot more stuff in the with the dividers. my only worry with them is that thing move around a little more with the dividers and may cause some sort of damage but most likely it wont.

BTW Paradicio, I looked at your pics, very nice!!!! Enjoyed them a lot.

Regards,

Bill

Hey, thanks a lot! I checked your pictures out as well, they are fantastic! I particularly like the shot you got of the white tip!

Bubble wrap! Cheap (huge box from Office Depot for like $20), and highly customizable! If you change any items in your set-up, you're not locked into any one configuration as you would be with foam. And the wrap takes up much less room and is much lighter than the dividers.

Thanks for all the input. The only concern in using the padded dividers is checking the camera. Sometimes I check the camera and sometimes I don't. With the foam all the equipment fits very snug but what about the dividers? Would any equipment get damaged using them since they don't fit tight in the case?

Regards,

Bill

I don't know what to tell you there. I refuse to check cameras or any other delicate and/or valuable equipment. Airlines are really rough on things, they lose them, they send them to the wrong places, they can experiece huge temperature swings which can fog lenses, etc.

If are going to check it, just be sure you properly insure it. There is usually a per bag limit that is well below the cost of photography equipment.

Jennifer, clever idea using bubble wrap. Maybe the best of both worlds would be padded dividers with bubble wrap? Just a thought. Also, checked out your pics, really quality stuff. Excellent shots, I particularly like the pier fotos.

Regards,

Bill

Back
Top Bottom