Dive charter Morro bay California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shawnstam

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Yes its true there will now be a Small Dive boat operation in morro bay california. You have all probably heard this before but it is true. After months maybe even years of work things are just about ready to start. You can contact DEPTH PERCEPTIONS in San luis obispo (http://depthperceptions.net) and they can give you more detailed Info on boat, bookings ect ect.
We will offer Dives off of Montana De oro, The "Monolith" Souza Rock, Point Buchon, Cambria, and of course quick trips out to reefs just outside of morro bay that will bring a smile to your face. Extended trips can be booked to also dive southern Big Sur.

Dive boat will be a 26 foot Radon max six passengers.
Seasoned captain (ex-coast gaurd)

We look forward to hearing from you and diving with you

Thanks shawn

Any pictures of the boat? How is it outfitted? Is it doubles friendly?

Sounds like a great opportunity to do some exploring down there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ben

The boat is a 26x8 radon Diesel power with a cruise speed of about 20 kts
Range is about 500 miles round trip if need be (very unlikely)
Depth sounder
Radar
Gps
Epirb and all coast gaurd required safety equipment
2 bunks lots of dry storge
1 Giant live well or can be used for dry storage
1 dry well for storage
400 foot anchor road
We can handle double or single tanks
Boat can also be charterd for private use (1 or 2 passengers if wanted nor more than six)
I operate the boat and do about 95% of my dive here locally. So you have a a captain with local knowledge.

hope that answers any questions

shawn :)

Thanks Shawn! We will have to come up and check your boat out real soon. Another trip in the planning:wink:

Rick

Your welcome rick, The conditions last weekend were good had about 30 feet on the bottom the top had tons of plankton. It can be decieveing here the top can look bad but under the thermalcline it seems to always come through for a good dive. If anyone else has questions just post and I will try to answer them. I will be doing more diving this weekend and will update on conditions.

happy diving

shawn

Last edited:
Your welcome rick, The conditions last weekend were good had about 30 feet on the bottom the top had tons of plankton. It can be decieveing here the top can look bad but under the thermalcline it seems to always come through for a good dive. If anyone else has questions just post and I will try to answer them. I will be doing more diveing this weekend and will update on conditions.

happy diving

shawn

Shawn, do you run mainly weekends or do you do weekdays, as well?

Ok so here is the diving conditions for Sunday, lots of people out there believe there is a lack of good dive conditions in the morro bay area. So here is what I did Sunday for a dive trip. We loaded up in morro bay and set out to Dive a rock 20 miles north of morro bay. The Rock is in about 120-130 feet of water and the top is about 18 feet from the surface. Dont know the last time this place had been dove so we were excited to see what it had to offer. After ariving we sat the anchor and geard up and hoped in the water vis was about 30-50 varing . Right off the bat we saw a Mola Mola or sunfish about the size of a matress. We soon discoverd that we were not diving just a pinacle but a huge thick rock riddled with crevises some were 15 feet wide and 60 feet deep. The marine life here was off the wall. This place was like souza rock on steriods. Teaming with fish of all kinds and sheeps head in the 15 pound and up range. I can go on forever about what I saw here but this dive was probally the best I have done in california. I thought I would share this with everybody just to get a Idea of what you can see at just one of the many dive sites we have here.

Just ran across this thread. I have been diving in the bay for many years and have only ventured outside of the bay by boat a few times. I'll look you up first chance i get. I wish we still had a dive shop in morro bay or cayucus.

Very good to hear Shawn!

I'm looking forward to giving local boat diving try someday soon.

Nils

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom