Mouth Piece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

safyrewulfie

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Any comments on the Mares Jax mouth pieces? I cant find a USA vendor but did find a vendor in Spain with nice prices in american dollars. But I wanted to see what people had to say about it before I spent the money.

Any comments on the Mares Jax mouth pieces? I cant find a USA vendor but did find a vendor in Spain with nice prices in american dollars. But I wanted to see what people had to say about it before I spent the money.

I tried them while in Europe, and they are a fine product. They are not available in the USA, due to the patent rights on SeaCure mouthpieces.

Greg Barlow

I use the Jax on my Metal Proton V42 and I wouldn't change it for nothing. It locks the reg in your mouth and there's no need to bite on it or anything. You don't even know it's there! Occasionally when i use my octo that has the regular Mares mouthpiece I feel like it's going to fall out of my mouth! Only thing is you cannot share your reg with your buddy, it most probably wont fit him/her! Buy it and you wont regret it!:D

I just purchased a Proton 42 but haven't had a chance to dive with it yet - I did notice when testing it at home that it seems heavier than what I am used to and I had to bite down to keep it feeling like it was going to fall out. Why is the Jax better than the SeaCure? My LDS has something (didn't notice the label) but I wanted clear so I am waiting for the next order to come in. If the Jax is better than anything we can get in the states, I might order it instead :)

i have a mares axis regulator. The plastic piece that diverts the air away has popped off and i cannot find. where can i get this plastic piece?

Back
Top Bottom