REALISTIC Trip report San Carlos/Guaymas Aug 8-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DM was a local and with the "add-ons" not the Phx group/groups.

Good. That's what I wanted to hear.

If you knew where the current was and wasn't, how come the DM who goes out there 20 times a month did not know how to avoid it coming back to the boat? I would have been happy staying inside the cove and out of the current.

I have no idea.

Just because they dive there frequently doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

I'm just glad they weren't ours.

I am curious why you went with them. You should have done your own thing. You would have had a better dive.

Weird that we were on the same boat. Small world!

on Sunday - I did do my own thing,and it was much better..... the spousal unit likes DMs cause she thinks they know what they are doing!! I think that she knows better now....

Actually not that small a world, there were ALOT of folks on that boat!

To answer that PM that was sent. No I did not personally feel at risk, but had the situation been different, both instances could have been less than pleasant. And the Store Policy, really did irritate my Wife. But the way to fix that is to just pay the day before the dive....and since we know they pack the boat, I guess you could wait until the day of the dve and pay too....

It's sad to read that Surface Time is out of business. But I'm not surprised. The shop that bought them has had lots of problems over the past year.

The water temp will be in the 80's thru October and about the 15th of October, it starts dropping a degree per day....

here ya go....

Interesting to read. We were debating whether to take the San Carlos trip or the Himalaya Bay trip with our LDS for our cert dives. San Carlos has the benefit of a hotel room, local shopping, and the dive boat, while Himalaya is camping, fifteen miles from the paved road (and probably farther from any town), and Zodiacs for the "boat dives".

We're heading to Himalaya this coming weekend, and while I can't say whether our LDS trips to San Carlos would encounter similar problems as yours, there's certainly less chances of such problems for us.

Himalaya is a great place. While the dive sites are limited, even using the zodiacs, I've done some of my best dives in the south bay. It's a shame they don't do the cooking anymore. Those trips were really nice when they had the cook shack on the beach. Have fun this weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom