Turquiose Lake August 16 or 17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey guys,
Does anyone have an estimate on what the water temperatures will be like this time of year. If they would be bearable in a 7mm I might try to make it up.

Thanks,
John

The surface temp isn't bad and a 7mm should be ok. As I remember the thermocline is at about 24 feet and has real teeth. So hang shallow, go for a dip in the thermo for as long as you want and then go back the the balmy 65.

when big bubba j and i dove wellington lake the only part of me that got cold was my hands and feet the 7mil semi-dry suit kept my body very warm...go for it!!!!

I maybe interested in this. If so, I'll be looking to share a ride. I can drive if necessary, but with gas costs, It's nice to have a couple of folk to split it up.

Ron,

I would be happy to drive if you could meet along I-70. The backway up 285 is a long way. We could meet at the Morrison exit?

Charlieo...... thanks for posting the link to the map. Copy your grid go-ords and will try to linkup if I may join your group. Thanks. Paul H.

Frank, and all,

I just got back in town. Seems I've been gone a lot in the last month. Anyway, the Colorado Sprigns dive club FROGs will be diving to Turquoise Lake on Aug 16 also. They plan go up and camp Friday evening, dive Turquoise on Sat (we dove the same area as Frank suggested in June) camp Saturday night and then dive Twin Lakes on Sunday.

I'm not sure if I'll be camping with them or just driving up for the day. I haven't been home for a weekend in over 6 weeks, so may have some thing to do. In any case, if there is anyone from Colo Spgs that is interested in car pooling, give me a shout. Also, if any of you are interested in joing the FROGs camping, let me know and I'll get you the info. They usually provide all the food (breakfast, lunches and dinner) so you don't need to cook, for about $25/person for the weekend. Makes camping easier if you don't have to bring stove, pot/pans, and food. Just throw a tent and sleeping bag in and you're good to go.

I'll check my log and let you know the water temps we go last June. The lake was very low, and the vis was not great. I'm hoping it will be better this time.

Frank, I'll PM you my cell phone number so we can make contact Sat morning if you like.

Fellow Divers.... Just talked w/ Jeremy @ Divers Reef about possible linkup. He advises they will be diving Turquoise Sat 10 AM.... same location as Charlieo designated. Their Sunday dive is Twin Lakes and have been invited to join them..... so I'm bringing 2 tanks. Sounds like a 3 day weekend to me..... Paul H.

Fellow Divers.... Just talked w/ Jeremy @ Divers Reef about possible linkup. He advises they will be diving Turquoise Sat 10 AM.... same location as Charlieo designated. Their Sunday dive is Twin Lakes and have been invited to join them..... so I'm bringing 2 tanks. Sounds like a 3 day weekend to me..... Paul H.

Yup, That's the same trip I spoke of in my post. Diver's Reef is a sponsor of the FROGs, but you need not be a associated with Diver's Reef to join the FROGs. Nor do you need to be a member of FROGs to go on this trip. But, if you want them to bring the food for you, you'll need to let Josh or Jeromy know in the next day or two so they can plan. I don't think we'll be doing any diving on Friday. When I talked to Jeromy today, he didn't indicate that they would be leaving before evening. Last time it was after 10:00 PM Friday when they got to the campsite. We usually do two dives on Saturday at Turquoise and then another 2 dives at Twin Lakes on the way (for us in Colo Spgs) back to town. Depending on your air consumption, and dive time/depth, you may want to bring (or have Jeromy pack) a tank or two more for you.

Here is a link to my dive report for Turquoise Lake last June, with temperatures experienced. I expect them to be a little bit warmer now.

So it looks like I'm getting alot of gear on Thursday (full setup and a computer) and I might just need to test it all out. any room for one more?

also, if anyone is interested in a carpool I would be starting in Fort Collins but willing to meet up at any point from there...

Back
Top Bottom